+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ALL NEW Fieldpiece SMAN Manifolds

Post Likes

ALL NEW Fieldpiece SMAN Manifolds

Check out the All New SMAN Manifolds. These are currently shipping. Ask your local distributor for availability.

Last edited by RussellHarju; 04-08-2019 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Forgot info

Post Likes
    Looks slick. Hard to make out for sure cause it was skimmed over quick, but did you say that all the accessory job link tools are viewable on the sman, as in no phone needed?

Or that everything will be available on the phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Looks slick. Hard to make out for sure cause it was skimmed over quick, but did you say that all the accessory job link tools are viewable on the sman, as in no phone needed?

Or that everything will be available on the phone?

That is correct. The probes connect directly to the SMAN Manifolds with no phone or intermediate transmitter necessary. And additionally all measurements from both SMANs and probes can go to the Job Link app for viewing and reporting.

More detailed videos will come out showing you specifically how things work.

Post Likes
    Those are some pretty nice features

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    That is correct. The probes connect directly to the SMAN Manifolds with no phone or intermediate transmitter necessary. And additionally all measurements from both SMANs and probes can go to the Job Link app for viewing and reporting.

More detailed videos will come out showing you specifically how things work.
    Will the wireless temp clamps work below 32 degrees? I see they are rated for between 32°-122°f. Looking to use these around 0°f or below ambient temp. Is that rating just what all the specs we're tested at?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    Will the wireless temp clamps work below 32 degrees? I see they are rated for between 32°-122°f. Looking to use these around 0°f or below ambient temp. Is that rating just what all the specs we're tested at?
    In practice and in our in-house testing they work until about -15 degrees F. The operating temp is for the written specs for accuracy, however in practice the accuracy isn't affected noticeably at temps lower than 32 degrees F. Its a process to test the extreme conditions and publish them because a 3rd party does it. Until that is completed we take a conservative approach to what we publish.

Post Likes
    Thanks Russell, I assume it's the same for the SMAN480? They will still work in the same low temps?

Post Likes
    Thanks Russell, I assume it's the same for the SMAN480? They will still work in the same low temps?
    LCDs are usually the first to go at cold temps so this will be a little closer to -5 degrees F. But it takes several minutes or longer to reach the temp once you enter the walk-in. But this one is very obvious to the user as you'd literally see the liquid in the screen become thick and slow and doesn't affect accuracy or long term reliability of the product if used in normal HVACR conditions. So at least you aren't guessing what might be wrong.

Post Likes
    wow, you're almost swaying me your direction Russell!

One of the reasons I've never been interested in the Sman was the extreme lack of durability. You guys have come a LONG way from the first version...Good Job!!....and thanks for taking time to come here and assist our users!!

Post Likes
    Ill stick with my yj’s

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    LCDs are usually the first to go at cold temps so this will be a little closer to -5 degrees F. But it takes several minutes or longer to reach the temp once you enter the walk-in. But this one is very obvious to the user as you'd literally see the liquid in the screen become thick and slow and doesn't affect accuracy or long term reliability of the product if used in normal HVACR conditions. So at least you aren't guessing what might be wrong.
    Ok Russ I bought these and have been using them all week. So far so good. Just wanted to check with you and see if there is a way to see the min, max psig over a period? I use this function almost every time I use my Digi-Cools to see when units are shutting off on low pressure or see how high the discharge pressure got during the cycle. I know testo has this function as well. If there is not a way to do this with the SMANs I recommend adding it to SMAN500. That said I think I'm going to have to add the fieldpiece probes soon now to be totally wireless. One more question will the 480/380 stream live readings to measure quick?

Post Likes
    Ok Russ I bought these and have been using them all week. So far so good. Just wanted to check with you and see if there is a way to see the min, max psig over a period? I use this function almost every time I use my Digi-Cools to see when units are shutting off on low pressure or see how high the discharge pressure got during the cycle. I know testo has this function as well. If there is not a way to do this with the SMANs I recommend adding it to SMAN500. That said I think I'm going to have to add the fieldpiece probes soon now to be totally wireless. One more question will the 480/380 stream live readings to measure quick?
    I assume you are talking about on the unit itself? It can do datalogging which would accomplish this, but its probably more than you are talking about and a little inconvenient to download to a PC to see it for your purposes. I'll put your suggestion into the engineers. Thanks!

Measure quick will likely have it in the future if they do not already. I'd ask them directly about development time.

Post Likes
    Yeah, something on the actual manifold without having to plug in to check the data log would be handy, at least for me and all my co workers. Something that u can clear when u want and doesn't clear every time you auto shut off would be great... And even records when the gauges are hooked up to the system but are 'off' would be best.... Or just add it to the app for now

Post Likes
    My probes are wonderful but 380v has very slow response time via bluetooth range is so so too im assuming that they have the same bluetooth radio am i the only one that has had this issue? Are there any plans on updates?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroburg7 View Post
    My probes are wonderful but 380v has very slow response time via bluetooth range is so so too im assuming that they have the same bluetooth radio am i the only one that has had this issue? Are there any plans on updates?
    Delayed response times of more than a second or so are not normal. Call Fieldpiece at 714 634 1844. Our tech department can diagnose if there's an issue.

Post Likes
    Yeah it gets to like 5+ seconds and cuts outthrough walls. My probes do fine. Thanks I'll call tomorrow when yall open

Post Likes
    love my sman360! yes very rugged, but they don't like falling from a 3rd story building. FP have always taken care of any issues that I have had in the past with in 24 hrs. 3rd set and will continue to buy from them.

Post Likes
    I believe it was some kind of trapped broken BT cache i cleared it rebooted phone and they've been fine since.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in