Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    its supposed to be more reliable and use less power or so the story goes but from them i trust them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by doc havoc View Post
    To the OP or anybody else that would care to answer, do you not have any concern of filling your micron gauge with refrigerant when you open the service valves? Or, maybe micron gauges are capable of that type of exposure without damage and I've never taken the time to RTFM.
    You have to be mindful of what you’re doing. You don’t want to crank your valve all the way open and leave your gauge on. I crack my valve and watch the micron change then I remove the gauges. After it’s removed I open the valves fully. I had the same question when I starting doing it this way. I just watched some videos of Jim Bergman on how he did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by doc havoc View Post
    To the OP or anybody else that would care to answer, do you not have any concern of filling your micron gauge with refrigerant when you open the service valves? Or, maybe micron gauges are capable of that type of exposure without damage and I've never taken the time to RTFM.
    According to Joey, the BluVac is impervious to refrigerant and can also take test pressure without damage. Just avoid getting oil on the sensor, because then you will have to clean it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post
    You have to be mindful of what you’re doing. You don’t want to crank your valve all the way open and leave your gauge on. I crack my valve and watch the micron change then I remove the gauges. After it’s removed I open the valves fully. I had the same question when I starting doing it this way. I just watched some videos of Jim Bergman on how he did it.

A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rjk_cmh View Post
    According to Joey, the BluVac is impervious to refrigerant and can also take test pressure without damage. Just avoid getting oil on the sensor, because then you will have to clean it.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    You guys need to focus. We need a tape that seals this stuff properly at our supply house. It doesnt compress back like the crappy black stuff does. I leave a 2' gap or so while Im brazing which leaves piecing in. White electrical tape is the best thing I have found.
    Uline sells a great white tape for these lineset - we’ve tried the Polyken and a couple others, but Uline surprisingly has the best we’ve found.

Post Likes
    Looks good. Why not use a proper fitting for the suction service valve? I wouldn’t be surprised if the joint or valve starts to leak. They make 7/8x3/4 reducers or even bushings. Or slide a piece of 3/4 in the 7/8

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    Looks good. Why not use a proper fitting for the suction service valve? I wouldn’t be surprised if the joint or valve starts to leak. They make 7/8x3/4 reducers or even bushings. Or slide a piece of 3/4 in the 7/8

The angle wasn’t the greatest there. I make my own fittings, I swedge the 3/4 and swedge the 7/8 it fits well. The real issue is I had the wrong line set. Should of been 3/4 not 7/8. Mistakes happen I’m not worried about it leaking.

Post Likes
    Yea. But you cant make a reducer. The proper thing would to use staybright8 or 45% if you’re brazing over the service valve. You gotta get it super hot for 15% to flow over it. Potential leak from cooking the seals

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    Yea. But you cant make a reducer. The proper thing would to use staybright8 or 45% if you’re brazing over the service valve. You gotta get it super hot for 15% to flow over it. Potential leak from cooking the seals

Not necessarily l, I take the shrader sand valve caps off, get a wet rag and wrap it tightly around them and use cooling gel . Combine that with knowing how to braze quickly and properly you should have no issue with your seals getting to hot

Post Likes
    I dunno....that pad says otherwise .

I like to give people a hard time. Makes them do better work.

All else looks good and i admire you for doing a proper evacuation.

Are you flowing while brazing?

You should go far in this career path.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post
    Yes I love the hilmor! Used to have the bullet from YJ. I like the hilmor way better. I see now they came out with a dc motor.

I'm interested, give us a sales pitch on the hilmor over the bullet! :-)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Yes. You understand what Im saying. Doesnt pull back every time. Ive been dealing with it for almost 10 years. We need a solution.
    White gorilla tape.
    I usually slit it on the bottom side and fold it back then just tape and zip tie it back together.
    Same with bends. Just cut it and slide it apart far enough for the benders then slide it back together and tape the joint.
    We use the same tape and ties to hold the bundle together so you don't notice the joints

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123