+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Construction 2 Finished

Post Likes

New Construction 2 Finished

Finally able to get this job wrapped up. Just have to go back when the AC is wired up to test and balance the ductwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    That is a great looking installation!
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    Nice looking job... is the furnace staged? How are you managing the airflow when your smallest zone is on? Your sheet metal work looks great!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectionist View Post
    Nice looking job... is the furnace staged? How are you managing the airflow when your smallest zone is on? Your sheet metal work looks great!
    Thanks! Two stage furnace and two stage AC. Both zones are pretty large, smallest zone can handle 100% of the airflow.

Post Likes
    In the past I have either used the carrier zone system with UI that works very well or I use a static press transducer with a external variable speed drive which also works well. Just an FYI I see you have an air gap on the furnace drain but the HPS is very finicky and can give you nuisance call backs, you might want to pipe the furnace drain separately to your termination FWIW.

Post Likes
    That's a beautiful clean install, I tend to place a piece of scrap sheetmetal under the service valves prior to brazing to prevent damaging on those particular type of condenser pads.
    Last edited by Bazooka Joe; 04-07-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Post Likes
    Love it! My absolute favorite part is the intake and exhaust for the furnace come out the side and leave room to service the coil if needed.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    Good job on the return and maximum filtration with least restriction putting the furnace up on the box. Also our techs would like the spacer between furnace & coil. They beg our installers to do that. Usually don't have the height. ADP coil?

Post Likes
    I love that there are pdm linesets in all sizes now. Now they need to come up with a good pipe wrap or tape that matches it real well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectionist View Post
    In the past I have either used the carrier zone system with UI that works very well or I use a static press transducer with a external variable speed drive which also works well. Just an FYI I see you have an air gap on the furnace drain but the HPS is very finicky and can give you nuisance call backs, you might want to pipe the furnace drain separately to your termination FWIW.
    Thanks for looking out. I am very familiar with the code #31 issues with CBP. I have been installing Carrier/Payne for the past 6 years this drain set up works well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    That's a beautiful clean install, I tend to place a piece of scrap sheetmetal under the service valves prior to brazing to prevent damaging on those particular type of condenser pads.
    Yeah that would of been a good idea. Thanks for the future tip! Normally I wouldn't have that crappy of a fitting but I ordered the wrong line set and had to make a 7/8 to 3/4 fitting. Always a little difficult to fill in the joint.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Good job on the return and maximum filtration with least restriction putting the furnace up on the box. Also our techs would like the spacer between furnace & coil. They beg our installers to do that. Usually don't have the height. ADP coil?
    Yeah supply house must of thought I was side job bob when I ordered Payne so it came with the ADP. I usually get the CNPVP coils. I liked that it was an A coil thought, less restrictive. Didn't like having to mount the sensing bulb.

Post Likes
    Jo,

Is that Treated Lumber under the Condensing Unit?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Jo,

Is that Treated Lumber under the Condensing Unit?
    Yes. I usually just use 2x6 to get the pad off the ground protecting it from the weed whipper. In this case there is considerable fill going in so I used 2x8s.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post
    Yes. I usually just use 2x6 to get the pad off the ground protecting it from the weed whipper. In this case there is considerable fill going in so I used 2x8s.

Cool! It looked like regular wood, is why I asked.

You've done an awesome job on this install also Sir.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Same Vac pump i have i love mine

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    Same Vac pump i have i love mine
    Yes I love the hilmor! Used to have the bullet from YJ. I like the hilmor way better. I see now they came out with a dc motor.

Post Likes
    +1 on the Hilmor stuff. I now own the vac pump, flaring tool, and tubing benders. All 3 are top notch.

Post Likes
    Super clean work man! Top notch all the way around, what's with the white armaflex? How is it different from black

Post Likes
    Yeah I love that type of rubitex it’s durable and looks super nice ,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in