Post Likes

Immigration and the border

Our state is not a border state. Heck the southern border is the Gulf of Mexico!
    But it is a conduit state. Last night coming home from a night out, we stopped for gas at a station that also server 18 wheeler's. There were about 100 Hispanic 20 somethings males on the curve, in from of the store just milling around. Most looking at their cell phones and just hanging. I can imagine what it is like in Texas and Arizona!

CONGRESS (both parties) has got to fix our stupid immigration laws and policies!
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    Sounds like a bunch of Mexican male lot lizards. Probably using apps on their phones to hook up with truckers.

Post Likes
    IMO that happens all over the USA... we see it here in metro Atlanta.

The local PD's set up sting operations... send a guy dressed in rough clothes in a pick-up to hire them...
    Then drive then to a jobsite. When they are working... the PD appears and arrests them...
    Or ICE appears and arrests them.
    It is a cat/mouse game.

The ONLY solution...
    Is the wall!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    IMO that happens all over the USA... we see it here in metro Atlanta.

The local PD's set up sting operations... send a guy dressed in rough clothes in a pick-up to hire them...
    Then drive then to a jobsite. When they are working... the PD appears and arrests them...
    Or ICE appears and arrests them.
    It is a cat/mouse game.

The ONLY solution...
    Is the wall!
    The only solution is fixing stupid laws...
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    One of the things I like best about travelling in the U.S are the Mexicans I remember a parking lot had a bunch of them hanging around and they were hand washing cars for $10. I don't care who you are that's a good deal. We're starting to get more Hispanic people here but alas they are all mostly legal immigrants and not willing to work for next to nothing so I'm forced to pay market rates for lawn care and car washes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    One of the things I like best about travelling in the U.S are the Mexicans I remember a parking lot had a bunch of them hanging around and they were hand washing cars for $10. I don't care who you are that's a good deal. We're starting to get more Hispanic people here but alas they are all mostly legal immigrants and not willing to work for next to nothing so I'm forced to pay market rates for lawn care and car washes.
    Yeah, we thought it was cute 20 years ago too.

Post Likes
    Ive encountered a few watching me over the shoulder as I work , and you know they rather be helping me run wire or braze a joint than cutting up lettuce for tacos ... but they are screwed because they cannot speak english. And I feel kinda bad for some because you can see it in their eyes they hate it there and want to pick up a set of tools.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    The only solution is fixing stupid laws...
    Yeah... probably both!

Closing the border would be a good start though!!!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!