Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts

Post Likes

Your Thoughts

You don't hear from a old customer for nearly 2 years that was good for five to six calls per month. The phone rings this morning at 6:30 AM and they need help.

What would you say too them?

Post Likes

3. Likes shellkamp liked this post
    Post Likes
    Act like no time has passed by and happily agree to exchange their money for your services.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

5. Likes lions_lair, GoCougs, jbhenergy liked this post
    Post Likes
    If they were a demanding prick then our rates have went up since last we talked. If they were a complete ahole there’s a week or two lead time to go along with the rate hike. If their descent people what others have said.
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Its business . If they were a good account take them back on . Then chat and see what has been going on with them .

Post Likes
    So what did you say to them ?

Post Likes
    I ask why they have not called until this morning and I received no answer, so I told them no. My rates are at the top end, so I assume they were using a lower priced contractor for the last year.

Post Likes
    Is this a commercial account ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Is this a commercial account ?
    yes

Post Likes
    I know where your coming from. Been there done that. Usually I just don't pickup the call.
    Back in the day I'd take whatever I could get. Now years down the road I've built my customer base on good accounts who are smart enough to understand good service and the value that comes with it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    I know where your coming from. Been there done that. Usually I just don't pickup the call.
    Back in the day I'd take whatever I could get. Now years down the road I've built my customer base on good accounts who are smart enough to understand good service and the value that comes with it.
    Yep, I've been in business since 1980 and my customer base is loyal to me as I am to them. No room for jerks offs anymore.

I think maybe the bean counters in the corporation looked at my rates, and that's the reason they stopped calling two years ago.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Yep, I've been in business since 1980 and my customer base is loyal to me as I am to them. No room for jerks offs anymore.

I think maybe the bean counters in the corporation looked at my rates, and that's the reason they stopped calling two years ago.
    You've instantly put them into a defensive mode by asking them why they haven't called. How do you know they haven't "come to their senses" and decided that you and them were meant to be after all?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I'm with @jimp, although I understand where the other guys are coming from. Usually I don't take their calls, don't call them back.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast