Post Likes

Chiller Question, Liquid condenser, Dunham Bush tube cleaning

Hello all, I have a question on a Dunham Bush liquid cooled condenser chiller. Do I need to remove the refrigerant to rod the tubes on the evap and condenser or not. I've cleaned Yorks and Trane chillers where I did not remove refrigerant. Barrel end caps look the same. Thanks!!

Post Likes
    Yes you have to remove all the r-718 refrigerant !!
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    OK, was wondering why due to the bulkheads behind the end caps that separate the refrigerant from the tubes. Maybe its a safety thing.

Post Likes
    Liquid cooled? Has a tower, or evap condenser? Never pulled a charge to clean a condenser that i can think of. No manual on unit?

Post Likes
    Yes, liquid cooled condenser WCHX-E series. I called Dunham Bush today and they said no you don't have to remove refrigerant to remove the Evap & Cond end caps to rod the chiller. Great for me. Less work!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly56 View Post
    Yes, liquid cooled condenser WCHX-E series. I called Dunham Bush today and they said no you don't have to remove refrigerant to remove the Evap & Cond end caps to rod the chiller. Great for me. Less work!
    Hey brutha, you "do know" that r-718 is H2o do you Not? Next, You also "should know" that you do not need to drain the swamp on this chilli ?

Take Care, and get to Punching !!