Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

The brotherhood job.

Here are a couple. Before I leave tomorrow I will have some more. Bad lighting in the attic but she looks sweet. I got one up there before I got the return flex in. Wouldve loved to flare the return box like I did the supply but I didnt have the room. Every square inch of duct is pookied to perfection and all 3 bedrooms are getting great airflow. I am also happy I was able to keep all 3 supply runs under 10'. The return just does an up and down, about 8' of total flex. 15k mini ducted has three 8" supplies and the return is 14" into a 20 x 14 filter grill which is a 20 x 14 x 2" filter.

When I post my final pics I will have some supply and return temps as well as a pic of the other wall 15k.

Oh, and they didnt have the PVC risers for the OD unit so I picked up some pressure treated for feet.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Standing by for the finale

Post Likes
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    I think you did good putting in a daikin for your parents, when the warranty does expire the parts will be half the cost of other minisplit brands.

You should rivet a galvanized plate on it, stamped “PHM” <G>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Good thing it's not an infinity 😀

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lkapigian View Post
    Good thing it's not an infinity
    Why? Would he have to move back in with his parents to keep the fault codes at bay?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    I think you did good putting in a daikin for your parents, when the warranty does expire the parts will be half the cost of other minisplit brands.

You should rivet a galvanized plate on it, stamped “PHM” <G>

Lol. Another thanks to the Poodle.

I did have an error that freaked me out when I turned the system on. I added an Envi stat to the ducted unit and it gave me a C9 error which is faulty suction thermistor on the indoor unit. That immediately got me thinking about the return air. I know how those units have that little bulb that sits down in the return opening. I was thinking I hit it with a screw when I attached the plenum. Fortunately it was because I figured with the Envi module you need to detach the factory eye(sensor). Apparently it wants you to keep it hooked up. Ran back up to the attic and plugged her back into the board. Purrs like a kitten now.

And no Infinity zone errors with this one. Lol.

8. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    That looks great. Nice work.

What is the foil foil wrapped tube going to the heat pump in the second picture?
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    That looks great. Nice work.

What is the foil foil wrapped tube going to the heat pump in the second picture?
    That was the existing lineset from the old wall unit that didnt work anymore. I wanted to clean it up a little so I sent my dad to home depot to get foam tape and he came back with that silver stuff. He said go ahead and just use it.

Post Likes
    Damn! I sure can get some fine looking equipment out there, can't I? <g>

Did Alec or Rich give you any friction at all? I am pretty sure one of them called back east to branches where I am known. <g>

PHM
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Here are a couple. Before I leave tomorrow I will have some more. Bad lighting in the attic but she looks sweet. I got one up there before I got the return flex in. Wouldve loved to flare the return box like I did the supply but I didnt have the room. Every square inch of duct is pookied to perfection and all 3 bedrooms are getting great airflow. I am also happy I was able to keep all 3 supply runs under 10'. The return just does an up and down, about 8' of total flex. 15k mini ducted has three 8" supplies and the return is 14" into a 20 x 14 filter grill which is a 20 x 14 x 2" filter.

When I post my final pics I will have some supply and return temps as well as a pic of the other wall 15k.

Oh, and they didnt have the PVC risers for the OD unit so I picked up some pressure treated for feet.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Damn! I sure can get some fine looking equipment out there, can't I? <g>

Did Alec or Rich give you any friction at all? I am pretty sure one of them called back east to branches where I am known. <g>

PHM
    ----------
    No sir, they did not. Are you talking about Alex at the Portland branch? He wouldnt because he knows me and the guys I work with. Thanks again.

Post Likes
    Couple more pics. One is of the indoor head, the other is an awesome rainbow pic I caught on my way back today up I-5.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    indoor head/doorstop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast