Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

TRANE NEW RTAC CHILLER TUBE LEAKED

2 years old new Trane chiller RTAC, now chiller tube have broken and water entered into the entire circuit. I was told by Trane office that the maintenance might be bad. But the maintenance contractor is not ready to take over any responsibility. Now eddy current test is in progress…but as in a client side what a cost imposed by this ….now there have feelings that trane now do not maintain their quality and reputation, what do you think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EDDY TEST.jpg  

Post Likes
    Does the chiller have control of the pump, flow proving working properly? What were the eddy current results, what caused the failure?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life's tough, it's even tougher if your stupid

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GAchillrtek View Post
    Does the chiller have control of the pump, flow proving working properly? What were the eddy current results, what caused the failure?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yes, that is one thing that is overlooked by a lot of controls contractors. Whoever has the BMS, usually wants to control the pumps. The chillers should be controlling the pumps. What does it have for a flow switch and is it operational?
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    Also, any isolation valves on the chilled water should be controlled by the chiller. I heard of a bundle ruptured by freeze damage due to the isolation valves were controlled by building controls while the pump was controlled by the chiller.
    In honor of RichardL: "Ain't 'None' of us as smart as 'All' of us".

Post Likes
    It sounds early in the "investigation" to be assigning blame for the failure, and accusations that nobody is standing behind their service and/or product.
    In honor of RichardL: "Ain't 'None' of us as smart as 'All' of us".

6. Likes GAchillrtek liked this post
    Post Likes
    What is eddy current showing, tube wall thinning or rupture?

How did the tube(s) fail, freeze or corrosion?

This needs to be determined before any corrective actions can be taken and/or blame(responcability) assigned

Post Likes
    the eddy current test still have not produced, I am waiting for that. i will update here. the flow switch does work well, it was tested in the presents of Trane tech.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by moideen View Post
    the eddy current test still have not produced, I am waiting for that. i will update here. the flow switch does work well, it was tested in the presents of Trane tech.
    Does the chiller control the pump?

Post Likes
    Trane has to be involved pulling and accessing tube. Because there will be a lawsuit. Were talking a whole new machine. Don't be caught up with what if
    you might have to testifie or someone might overhear what you said.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by servicefitter View Post
    Trane has to be involved pulling and accessing tube. Because there will be a lawsuit. Were talking a whole new machine. Don't be caught up with what if
    He is in the middle east, their legal system is way different than ours, there aren't any lawsuits there, if proven that Trane sold them a "lemon" chiller the salesman would be given two choices "death by public stoning or beheading".
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    Does the chiller control the pump?
    the BMS is in defunct. so there is no interlock with chilled water pump. but the flow switch operation is healthy.there is 2 additional chillers on this same block. this accident open my eyes to install water pressure differential switch as well as interlock with pump on urgent base

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by servicefitter View Post
    the eddy current test is carrying out by trane..it is in progress

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    What is eddy current showing, tube wall thinning or rupture?

How did the tube(s) fail, freeze or corrosion?

This needs to be determined before any corrective actions can be taken and/or blame(responcability) assigned
    still it is in progress, next working day, i will get the result. i will update...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast