Post Likes

McQuay WSC 087 with the “M” code impeller.

I’m seeing if anyone has encountered the problem of after you follow the proper disassembly procedure as stated in “SM 101”, After removing the 5/16’ impeller bolt that neither the nose cone nor the impeller become free like the service manual states. I was seeing if anyone had any advice on removing the nose cone or a different impeller removal tactic.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by James Brady95 View Post
    I’m seeing if anyone has encountered the problem of after you follow the proper disassembly procedure as stated in “SM 101”, After removing the 5/16’ impeller bolt that neither the nose cone nor the impeller become free like the service manual states. I was seeing if anyone had any advice on removing the nose cone or a different impeller removal tactic.
    What manual are us using, mine has a procedure for "M" impeller see attachment

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I’m using the “Centrifugal Chiller Compressor Service and Repair for Models 063/079/087”
    Date: June 2016
    SM 101

Post Likes
    James
    Do you have that manual electronic if so could you send it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    Yes I do have it on my lap top but I am new to this forum so as soon as I figure out how to send it to you I will

Post Likes
    Does the impeller removal bolt not work on that impeller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The impeller removal will not work on the “M” Impeller because the aluminum nose cone is affixed to to the impeller. And the manual says if the nose cone is removed discard it and do not replace it. But the impeller does have 5/8” threads inside it but you will not be able to access these threads without removing the nose cone. But you still wouldn’t be able to use the Impeller Removal Tool because the will not catch the Impeller threads, which is why the manual says to use a 5/8”x 3” bolt or something similar. And once I figure out the best way to send the Service Manual I will.

Post Likes
    cursor over username, view profile, about me......email addy.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    I was scared pulling the impeller on the first couple rebuilds, first one the journeyman was just looking at me annoyed as I tap that 20g peace of aluminum. He climbed up and hit it hard and it popped off. Well wasn’t hard but to this day I can’t hit the impeller that hard.

Post Likes
    I made my own removal tool, it looks like the larger one for all the other impellers. this one is smaller and fits the threads of the impeller and jacks it out.

Post Likes
    can anyone share service manual for CE087 compressor. I have same issue and need to overhaul the compressor.