+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to use a DXF with N4

Post Likes

How to use a DXF with N4

Hi,

I'm very new to Tridium and I need to put some graphics together for a site.
    I would like to import a floor plan which I have in DXF format.
    Is there a step by step guide on how to do this?
    I tried importing the DXF in Inkscape and then exported it as an SVG file.
    When adding this SVG to a N4 graphic I either get a very small background or an error saying I was out of memory

I'm hoping there is a guide with info on how to convert to a compatable SVG format.

Thanks
    Steve

Post Likes
    I've continued to try things, I can easily use a small SVG file. It seems the problem is using a larger SVG file. When I say larger, it is still under 4MB. Under 0.3MB seems to work - at this point I don't know what the limit is.
    If I try to use a big SVG file Workbench just crashes, I expect there is a log somewhere that I can review for more clues.
    Does anyone know what the size limit is for a SVG file?
    Strange that this is so hard, I've been using other BMS systems that have no problem with importing DWG or DXF files.

Post Likes
    What I like to do is change this type of file over to a PNG then use tinypng.com to reduce the file size.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thanks, I'll give this a go. I am a little concerned about how a raster file (PNG) will scale, but in reality with a complex floor plan it may not matter as it will probably only be usable at the normal resolution.

Post Likes
    If you can get the file to display on your screen on a computer, you can do this with the prtscr key. Paste into paint, resize to the pixels you want, save as png. Copy that png file to your station files. Use it in a graphic. There are fancier ways to do this, but this process will work on any windows computer. PrtScr, Paint, and the "copy from" in Niagara work on every PC I have come across.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in