Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got One For YA!

Post Likes

Got One For YA!

Hears one for ya!
    This mornings paper. Kliff (ya Kliff) Kingsbury, the AZ Cardinals first year coach is going to give his players a "cellphone break"
    "Their itching to get at those things. You start to see kind of hands twitching and legs shaking, and you know they need to get to that social media fix." So every 25-30 min, he's going to turn the players loose on their cell phones.
    Now by the coach's own words, a fix, leads to conclude an addiction. We are fairly sure addictions aren't helped or cured by supplying more of what ever the addiction is.

Imagine being in a room with a bunch of guys twitching and legs shaking because they needed their "fix"? This is too sad. Good ol' Kliff might have a problem too. Maybe the cell break is also for him.

I've seen some on the job take serious liberties with the bosses time on their cells. Maybe it's generational or maybe just some people types. While not restricted to cell phones because I've known 2 people that can't seem to get off the internet. From dawn to night, always on line.

I'd bet there is a 12 step program for this addiction.
    How do we know it's an addiction? We'll know when or if they try to quit.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    I'm catching up right now on the bosses dime but then, I am doing a recovery then brazing a small leak, then I will have more time when it is on the vacuum pump, LOL.

Name:  1553797279571-624728492.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  96.3 KB
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    Is that an undersized condensate line? Haha made ya look.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

Post Likes
    So what is he going to do during a game, call a time out and bring out everyones phone? The old saying is "practice makes perfect". I amended it to "Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect". Either way if they are practicing with the cellphone what will happen in a game? Seems to me it would be better to have everyone put their phone in a safe and they could get it after practice. If they know it's locked away and they can't get to it maybe they will forget about it for a while.

5. Likes The Turtleman liked this post
    Post Likes
    Its just another sign of the times. Remember when peopleactually paid attention when spoken to?

Now everyone cant be bothered
    Sent from the van with the a/c on.

Post Likes
    I should have said that the cell breaks were during 2 hour meetings not while playing.
    Apparently there are daily meetings for strategy etc.
    I can't remember anything I might have been doing where I needed a cell break. Is that like a bathroom brake?

Post Likes
    Sorry...can you repeat that? I was on my phone and not paying attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turtleman View Post
    Its just another sign of the times. Remember when peopleactually paid attention when spoken to?

Now everyone cant be bothered
    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Smarty phone battery just about wore out today.

Just call me twitchy . . .

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Hears one for ya!
    This mornings paper. Kliff (ya Kliff) Kingsbury, the AZ Cardinals first year coach is going to give his players a "cellphone break"
    "Their itching to get at those things. You start to see kind of hands twitching and legs shaking, and you know they need to get to that social media fix." So every 25-30 min, he's going to turn the players loose on their cell phones.
    Now by the coach's own words, a fix, leads to conclude an addiction. We are fairly sure addictions aren't helped or cured by supplying more of what ever the addiction is.

Imagine being in a room with a bunch of guys twitching and legs shaking because they needed their "fix"? This is too sad. Good ol' Kliff might have a problem too. Maybe the cell break is also for him.

I've seen some on the job take serious liberties with the bosses time on their cells. Maybe it's generational or maybe just some people types. While not restricted to cell phones because I've known 2 people that can't seem to get off the internet. From dawn to night, always on line.

I'd bet there is a 12 step program for this addiction.
    How do we know it's an addiction? We'll know when or if they try to quit.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

Post Likes
    The whole thing is dumb. Of course it isnt like these guys are rhodes scholars.

Post Likes
    Do they taper off before they go to prison or just go cold turkey?

12. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Twitchy don't do no tapering off . . .

Post Likes
    Actually my phone is probably my most important tool.
    Today I spent some time shopping for a 12 ton 3ph. Carrier condenser fan motor. Carrier wanted xxx.xx and I was able to search it out for 300 less. So my phone made me an extra 300 today on 1 item. Very little time during the day is wasted on b.s. ings. It's also my dispatch as well as customers call in. Then there's all the available data at ones finger tips for manuals etc.

Post Likes
    I was talking with a customer of mine that runs several businesses. He said he used to tell every to turn off their phones and leave them on the shelf during working hours. Now when he tries that they tell him go do your work yourself then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast