+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tridium R2 server

Post Likes

Tridium R2 server

I know that R2 is not being supported and that the licensing server is no longer able to produce license. We have a customer that has a R2 server and about 18 jaces associated with the site. If the workstation dies on us, we are screwed.

Has anyone ever bought, or can find, a used licensed R2 server for a backup?

This sounds strange, however I am not sure how else to support this customer with a system of this age.

BTW...they are upgrading their entire system over to Siemens, however it is going to take 2 to 4 years.

Thanks all!

Post Likes
    Have had watches on ebay for all things Tridium for several years now.

Never seen a PC with the software licensed, any version. Finding one with R2 and the licenses you need...your chances of winning the lotto are better. Doesn't R2 also have a site field in the license that all needs to match like the AX brand check?
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    I believe it does, however I am not very familiar with R2. I figured it would be a stretch, but I figured I would ask the community.

Post Likes
    Image the drive and cross your fingers.

Post Likes
    The R2 license has a field labeled ORGID which historically was the installing contractor so I don't see how you would be able to make a backup server if you could find one work.

Post Likes
    Tridium and other companies that sold R2 could easily reveal how to defeat the license but never will because it’s in their best interest to keep selling you new stuff. AX will soon be in the same boat.

Post Likes
    When they shutdown the licensing servers they did offer a way to remove the licensing on it. That was quite some time ago and I doubt they are going to help much today many years past the end of support.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in