Thread: ComfortNET vs. Comfortbridge

Post Likes

ComfortNET vs. Comfortbridge

Hi, I am a homeowner looking to replace my current furnace and AC. The Amana products look pretty sweet. I am not fully certain what 'communicating' means but I get that it is a good thing. Amana seems to be in a state of transition between ComfortNet and Comfortbridge. Are there pros and cons for each? Which should I get? I am looking at the following setup

Furnace - ACVC961005CN
    AC - ASXC160481

The Honeywell 9000 Wifi thermo is our preference. We are an Alexa home. :-)

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Post Likes
    Easy to do a internet search what " communicating " is when referencing to HVAC.

Contact Goodman/Amana to ask them the skinny on those two types of system.

In regards to the model numbers you listed for the Amana, would need the ID coil number to see if they are proposing a AHRI match.

I see five AHRI certified reference numbers, for that furnace to OD unit combo all but one has the Piston metering device installed on the ID coil from the factory, the four piston models need to have the TXV field installed by the Contractor. So if they propose the coils with the piston metering device, you need to remind them the TXV needs to be installed, as your SEER would be lower without one with the 16 + SEER OD unit. Not saying this will happen, but...They also may not install one to save themselves a few bucks and/or increase their profit margin at your expense, or didn't know to do that.

https://www.ahridirectory.org/

They mention possible rebates to you, here is one site: http://www.dsireusa.org/

Whatever brand you decide on make sure the system gets registered, as if it does not get registered the manufacturer warranty reverts to a base warranty and will be decreased. California and Quebec need not be registered to receive full manufacturer warranty..
    Last edited by Bazooka Joe; 03-28-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Post Likes
    Bazooka Joey, thank you for the reply.
    The coils is this one - CAPF4961C6 Evap. Coil (Indoor).
    I was not sure what a TXV was, but that was mentioned. I am lost when you talk about pistons.

Per the initial query, Amana/Goodman seem to be in a state of flux or transition between the two.
    I cannot get the full answer about a comparison.
    I have pieced togethter the following.
    ComfortNet is being phased out, in part due to pushback from customers about having to use the expensive proprietary thermostat.
    While perhaps providing more control it CN seems doomed.
    ComfortBridge is taking the place.
    In this case, the smarts are on a board on the indoor part of the package.
    It also has Bluetooth and can communicate with phone/tablet for setup and diagnostics.
    ComfortBridge allows the use of pretty much any thermostat.
    In the case of CB, the board will make all the calls on which states/phases of heating and cooling and which fan speeds to call.

Most of this I have pulled from various sources as I cannot find a single point of comparison or whitepaper, etc.
    I thought the field may have more 'collective' knowledge as well.

D

Post Likes
    This is your AHRI certified reference number

https://www.ahridirectory.org/Home/D...YcPnNOw4VQBwg8

Make sure they remove the factory piston metering device and install the OEM ( Original Equipment Manufacturer ) TXV metering device as your system will be rated at 16 SEER and 13 EER.

Any rebates your state or local utility company has, chances your A/C would qualify, also your furnace.
    Last edited by Bazooka Joe; 03-29-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in