Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodman or Tempstar ECM or variable Speed??

Post Likes
    Goodman Date Codes. The 1st and 2nd digits of the serial number are the year. The 3rd and 4th digits of the serial number are the month. Goodman: Model No.: CKJ60-1, SN: 0107415182, was manufactured in 2001, July.

https://www.alpinehomeair.com/related/IO-258T1.pdf

You seem to take a proactive approach so here's the install guide, read it carefully and make sure they follow the field refrigerant charge pages 7-9 discusses how to charge to manufacturer specifications. As you can see there is quite a bit of info. 1st thing is the OD temperature needs to be above 60 degree. Having a good load on the inside of the house does not hurt either.

Use a accurate thermometer, not a infrared to take temperature readings.

BTW...did you send my portion of the beer ( of your choice ) to Herman?
    Last edited by Bazooka Joe; 04-15-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Post Likes
    Page 3 states, "recommended suction line runs over 24" 1 1/8 OD", mine are 7/8' OD? How's that affect things?

Post Likes
    What's your total lineset run? how is your existing line set currently run, through a wall? or easily assessable for a possible change out. Key word says " recommends " not has to be.

That would be another quality question you can ask Goodman if it concerns you.

The liquid line is 3/8" OD ? as some of the older units it was not unusual to run 5/16" OD.

Unless it's a overly long run, you may loose a very small percentage of capacity loss, from what I read here, 1-2 % maybe? I guess if there are any sloppy looking soft solder looking joints anywhere between the ends of the lineset there may be a potential for future leaks. R410A runs at up to 60 % higher refrigerant pressures than R22.

Post Likes
    So it's done,

The TXV valve on the outside feels cold, also some cold air escaping where it enters the cabinet. AH in Florida a garage. So this will be dripping condensation. Does the valve need to be insulated? Seal where it enters?

Also, I missed the part where they set the fan speed, if it reaches temperature too quickly, the fan speed should be slowed?

How to optimally set it?

ThanksName:  AH installed.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  107.7 KBName:  TXV48.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  155.8 KB

Post Likes
    https://www.ecomfort.com/products-im...7-thickbox.jpg

Those field supplied OEM Goodman TXV usually come with the foam insulation. Not saying every Goodman TXV does thou. May want to show the Installing Contractor this photo as this is a Goodman OEM TXV. I would think if they sell Goodman as one of their product lines they can get you one....least they can do for you for giving them your business IMO.

https://www.rogerssupply.com/ASSETS/...tion_Sheet.pdf

Double check TXV sensing bulb is downstream ( after the external equalizer line ) looks to be, but can't see for certain.

Yes certainly have them come back and reseal any air leaks, you think they would have done that at start up. You should have a basic one year labor warranty that covers all those things, unless you bought a extended labor warranty.
    Last edited by Bazooka Joe; 04-18-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Post Likes
    The sensing bulb should be above or below?Name:  TXV482.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  157.7 KB

Post Likes
    Page 2 shows where it goes, ( following Goodman install guide ) in your case red arrows it's the top arrow.

https://www.rogerssupply.com/ASSETS/...tion_Sheet.pdf

Post Likes
    https://www.rogerssupply.com//ASSETS...n_TXV-30_1.jpg

https://yorkcentraltechtalk.files.wo...13/08/txv2.png

When putting the bulb on a vertical line, tail end up. The reason for keeping the tail end up on vertical lines is to assure that the refrigerant charge in the bulb stays in the bulb and allows it to react better and quicker to changes.

Post Likes
    Case of warm colt 45 to uncle fester, er , I mean the folks at mockingbird lane.

Post Likes
    So the GME8 furnace has a multi speed ECM blower motor.

Right now the system reaches temperature quickly, but it's a clammy feeling cold. If I lower the fan speed will that help lower the relative humidity?

What impact will that have to the system? I've got the HVAC owner coming back for this and the uninsulated TX valve, just like to know the facts, just in case.

Post Likes
    Ask the Contractor if they just left the blower speed at the factory setting or set to your system. Blower speed may not be set correctly, have them recheck subcooling again especially if whether lowering the fan speed or not.

Ask them for the commissioning report which would include your static pressure, subcooling number ( to manufacturer spec. ) temperature rise across Heat Exchanger are all within manufacturer specifications. They should leave the install guide information from the OD unit and ID unit on the job site. You can ask for the amprege draw of the compressor, both the ID and OD fan motors. Gas pressure at the gas valve. Etc. etc. Keeps them somewhat honest. I would make sure they do that. The manufacturer temperature rise across the HX is listed so should the gas valve pressure in the furnace install guide. The more you know the less they will take you for granted/advantage IMO.

Believe the sub-cooling says 8 degree plus or minus one degree, page 9. The install guide that was sent to you says to charge by sub-cooling only with a non adjustment TXV. Yours looks to be a non adjustable TXV, but you can ask to confirm. I would read the subcooling how to check/set then follow him and check that they do set it.

Don't remember if they actually did a load calculation or just replaced same for same, or even your ductwork is sized for a 4 ton system.

Anyway,.. hopefully you can resolve any issues with this company as you do have the labor warranty to take advantage of.

Did they start your heating system and checked it out or are they going to wait and return on cooler winter days?

Post Likes
    They were leaving when I said, uh what about the furnace? So If I didn't say anything.....worked fine though just smelled from the new whatever burning off. They were also supposed to seal the chase where the lines go up into the attic from exterior condensing unit, tape the bottom and use spray foam, then remove tape. They just used duct tape and slapped some mastic on the outside. Easy fix, but still

I will study those docs prior to their arrival, thanks for getting me through this

Post Likes
    I forgot to ask you if they installed a field installed drier, as ones not needed, they already come from the factory inside the condensing unit, if there is one kind of shows their lack of product awareness.

The smell is just the oil residue on the Heat Exchanger.

Make sure it gets registered.

Yes Uncle Fester is a funny guy, he's kind of the party favorite IMO, especially when he puts a standard light bulb in his mouth and lights it up...but he's from another family than Herman.

Post Likes
    No additional Driers installed. And will verify registration thanks again

Addams & Muenstars ran only 2 seasons, thought it was 6-8

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in