Thread: Alerton Compass

Post Likes

Exclamation Alerton Compass

Hello,
    I started to have a problem a couple of weeks ago just out of the blue.....I can use Alerton Compass to get to DDC and run Live DATA just fine... I can change BV's on graphics just fine too... That all works,, but I can't get into a Edit mode for editing a display page.. The error I get is ( Only One instance is already running ) and will not let me edit so the app It closes every time.. grrrrrrr

I have restarted the Window Work Station and preformed all the windows updates , security updates and office updates too,,, and I'm the only one on this work station and no others are logged onto Compass and restart Compass and try again and get the same error when I go to edit a display on graphic.

I was going to have my ADMIN just reinstall my profile ,,, maybe it got

Any Ideas Huge THANKS

Post Likes
    I this compass 1.5.1 or 1.6?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Try and upgrade to 1.6 they have fixed few issues in that version. If I could have remote access to this workstation I could have a look. My email is in my profile.

Post Likes
    1) You need to be on the server or client, not on the web based GUI
    2) Your Compass profile needs to have that privilege selected. If you can edit users and groups you can check your own privileges, otherwise you will need the system admin to check them.

Good luck.

Post Likes
    Hey- Wondering if you found the resolution to this issue? I'm having the same issue with 1.5 displaying 'Only one copy of Compass may be running at a time'. The only way around this that I have found is to key in the actual display number from the edit/data displays menu. I'm on the Server and have full privileges. The issue has been going on for a couple months now. Any assist would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Post Likes
    This issue has been fixed in Compass 1.6

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    This issue has been fixed in Compass 1.6
    Thanks, time for an upgrade then!

Post Likes
    To add a little explainer to this:

This problem popped up when the big browser companies patched a flaw in the browsers. The result was instead of "Edit Current Display" opening the display editor application in Compass, it tried to launch another Bactalk.exe, which can't be done with all the services already running.

Alerton caught up and fixed it in the shift to IIS in 1.6x. Standby for future whack-a-mole issues.

Post Likes
    compass 1.6.3 was just released let see what moles come up this time.

Post Likes
    I have a site that has alerton and I am having a problem globally passing Outside air temp to all of the alerton controllers that are under bcms. Id like to get into the program and change how the outside air temp is being passed. We had a computer that had the envision software already loaded on but some idiot in our office refurbished that computer. I have the dongle and the cd but cant seem to reinstall the cd.

Any help would be great. Thanks,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cvanderberg View Post
    I have a site that has alerton and I am having a problem globally passing Outside air temp to all of the alerton controllers that are under bcms. Id like to get into the program and change how the outside air temp is being passed. We had a computer that had the envision software already loaded on but some idiot in our office refurbished that computer. I have the dongle and the cd but cant seem to reinstall the cd.

Any help would be great. Thanks,
    In order to actually make a programming change For BCM's will also need Visio (32-bit) and VisualLogic add on installed (VisualLogic installer is a VSTO file in the VisLogic subfolder of the Alerton directory). Once you have made the change can send it to the BCM from Envision (or you can send from VisualLogic directly if Envision is running). Be careful you have the correct Device ID if you send from Visio directly!