Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 23

Thread: Navien

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Caledonia WI
    Posts
    1,938
    Post Likes

    Navien

    Real fasteners holding this one up, I thought the ones included for mounting it were just strong enough for a thermostat...
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

  2. Likes kangaroogod liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Posts
    11,522
    Post Likes
    The piping, it’s better then art.
    What do you use for a bender?
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

    Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

    "In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

    Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

  4. Likes Metalman0880 liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Caledonia WI
    Posts
    1,938
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Rems curvo.


    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    The piping, it’s better then art.
    What do you use for a bender?
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Likes
    Looks great. Is that two air eliminators? Is that CSST or did you bend black pipe? Where is your expansion tank, I would imagine off the bottom of the spirovent?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,168
    Post Likes
    That is art right there. I hope your customers realize the workmanship they're getting with you. I also hope your sparky finishes it off with the same amount of care. Should've just grabbed some conduit and bent and secured it so it would all be uniform.
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Caledonia WI
    Posts
    1,938
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    The first one is a magnetic dirt separator, the tank and feeder are out of the picture and it's black pipe.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    737
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    The first one is a magnetic dirt separator, the tank and feeder are out of the picture and it's black pipe.
    How in the world do you bend black iron. Is that soft copper? And if it is how do you get it so straight?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Caledonia WI
    Posts
    1,938
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Type L copper, I use a Rems curvo bender.

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisevansac View Post
    How in the world do you bend black iron. Is that soft copper? And if it is how do you get it so straight?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,892
    Post Likes
    beautiful work ... did you used to be a master electrician ? are you proficient at bending the tubing as to where it is a real time saver not having to solder the fittings or do you miss once in awhile ? even if you did miss once in awhile you still are probably saving a lot of time and money not soldering in fittings ... I have a few hand benders for emt but never took the time to understand the markings and where to start the bend so I end up with a bit of scrap emt when I am done ... keep up the good work very nice

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gladstone, Oregon (Portland)
    Posts
    1,591
    Post Likes
    I havent touched a boiler in 10 years. Help me to understand the setup. Obviously the piping looks great but I am trying to wrap my head around the multiple pumps, etc.

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    45
    Post Likes

    Primary Secondary pumping

    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    I havent touched a boiler in 10 years. Help me to understand the setup. Obviously the piping looks great but I am trying to wrap my head around the multiple pumps, etc.
    This is what we call primary/secondary pumping. Pump below the boiler is the primary boiler pump pulling cooler water off the radiation loop circuit, heating it up and putting it back into the radiation loop. Boiler guaranteed to always have good GPM flow through heat X. Other pump is the radiation loop pump "secondary" which only job is to deliver the BTU's being put on the bus to their final destination "radiators".
    Greg Hunsicker

    www.mcelroys.com

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gladstone, Oregon (Portland)
    Posts
    1,591
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ghunsicker View Post
    This is what we call primary/secondary pumping. Pump below the boiler is the primary boiler pump pulling cooler water off the radiation loop circuit, heating it up and putting it back into the radiation loop. Boiler guaranteed to always have good GPM flow through heat X. Other pump is the radiation loop pump "secondary" which only job is to deliver the BTU's being put on the bus to their final destination "radiators".
    Ok. Ya I am familiar. Just didn't look like it was piped conventionally. Maybe all of those beautiful bends are messing with what I see, lol.

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    26,476
    Post Likes
    Bending pipe is about like bending conduit. Real conduit - not EMT.

    PHM
    ------------


    Quote Originally Posted by chrisevansac View Post
    How in the world do you bend black iron.

    Is that soft copper? And if it is how do you get it so straight?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  16. Likes chrisevansac liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •