Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dry-o-tron leak

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    That's is one of the reasons I don't care for dectron units as all of the energy producing equipment is located in the air stream which is not good for any of it but imagine if the compressor blows a terminal & all the gas goes into the air. Here are some pictures of one I just rebuilt that is only 8 years old or so.Attachment 807902Attachment 807903
    Unfortunately Dectron has been bought and sold the same way the village bicycle is passed around since the original owner sold it back in the late 80’s.
    In those days it was state of the art.

Post Likes
    I have ran into similar issues on multiple brands of pool dehumidifiers. All different ages including brand new on the start up. Hard to pin point the cause but one thing that might be good to look into are the settings for your refrigerant cycle, especially HP control.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thump_rrr View Post
    Unfortunately Dectron has been bought and sold the same way the village bicycle is passed around since the original owner sold it back in the late 80’s.
    In those days it was state of the art.
    The same company that purchased Dectron also purchased 3 or 4 other pool dehumidifications systems too. This could be a race to the bottom...or if the new company puts together all the technology of all those companies they may build a pretty good unit.

I have some systems that are now approaching 25 years in active service & I just keep rebuilding them as I have not been able to find one company that fits all my replacement needs in this line of work.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    The same company that purchased Dectron also purchased 3 or 4 other pool dehumidifications systems too. This could be a race to the bottom...or if the new company puts together all the technology of all those companies they may build a pretty good unit.

I have some systems that are now approaching 25 years in active service & I just keep rebuilding them as I have not been able to find one company that fits all my replacement needs in this line of work.
    Dehumidified air solutions bought seresco, dectron and poolpak. Seriously they are combining their technologies while maintaining 3 separate brand names. I believe all 3 will be using serescos command center and websentry which is nice.

Post Likes
    Chlorine broke down the plastic insert in the nut, it came slightly loose vibration at the top broke down the weld.
    Retired, after 43 Years

Post Likes
    Yes I did have a failure which looked just like that. It was on a Sporlan Hot Gas valve. Manufacturing defect, bad weld, it had a pit in the weld that sealed the plug in the end of the tube the coil mounting screw goes into

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123