+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shortridge or Alnor Manometer?

Post Likes

Shortridge or Alnor Manometer?

The boss asked if I think we could use a Shortridge Hydrodata HDM-250 Electronic Pressure Gage to which my answer would be heck yeah! Currently we are using a gauge that cost about three hundred, a TPI 665L, and it is just ok. My question is, how does the Shortridge compare to an Alnor HM675 or HM685? Do you prefer one over the other or is there a strong reason not to get one or the other? Thanks

Post Likes
    Hi fxb80,
    I think the Shortridge is a better instrument. We have the older brothers to the 675 and 685, we have the HM 670 and the HM 680. The problem with the two we have is the tiny tubes which carries the fluid to the pressure transducers, they clog up easily. Maybe the new model has been corrected for that problem. Other than the one problem I mentioned, they have served us well in the years we have had them.
    UA Local 602
    A man who says that he can't learn anything in a class is exactly right.

Post Likes
    I prefer the Alnor and Evergreen for air and Shortridge for water . When balancing air the guys like the blue tooth connection to their phones with the Alnor and the wrist reporter with the Evergreen.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in