Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    cyberspace, FL.
    Posts
    239
    Post Likes

    How do you zero out analog gauges

    I just saw a flyer from uniweld. It said to remove face and hold the center screw then turn the needle with your thumb and forefinger.
    I've always removed the little plug only, spun the needle with screw. What do y'all do?
    Teach the Gospel daily and if necessary use words.... Saint Fran.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga.
    Posts
    373
    Post Likes
    Remove the clear cover.Use a small flat blade screwdriver and turn the small calibrating screw until the hand is at zero.pretty simple.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    cyberspace, FL.
    Posts
    239
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    Remove the clear cover.Use a small flat blade screwdriver and turn the small calibrating screw until the hand is at zero.pretty simple.
    thanks
    Teach the Gospel daily and if necessary use words.... Saint Fran.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Medford, N.Y.
    Posts
    5,309
    Post Likes
    Make sure the gauge is open to the atmosphere.

  5. Likes CRussell1975, The Turtleman liked this post
  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the Conservatory with a Lead Pipe
    Posts
    15,589
    Post Likes
    A small flat head
    hammer will zero one out
    flat in a few whacks.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    986
    Post Likes
    Rarely have to worry about it because Imperial - and JB very close second if not a tie- are king!!!!

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    maroon lazyboy
    Posts
    2,481
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    A small flat head
    hammer will zero one out
    flat in a few whacks.
    😆😂 🔨

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Pavilion, NY
    Posts
    3,402
    Post Likes
    Do you mean that needlenose and bending the needle is unnecessary? ,,, havent used analog gauges in 5yrs

    'The more you know, the more you realize you don't know'
    ...

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    maroon lazyboy
    Posts
    2,481
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    Do you mean that needlenose and bending the needle is unnecessary? ,,, havent used analog gauges in 5yrs

    'The more you know, the more you realize you don't know'
    That’s for those pesky low airflow/freezup calls... “Mr. Homeowner as you can see the suction pressure is 65 psi now”
    😁

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •