Post Likes

Bacharach PCA400 combustion analyzer

Been using the PCA400 for a month or so, prior to that I was using the PCA-3, PCA-2, PCA-24 etc. I have also experimented with Testo analyzers the 330 series in particular. The PCA-400 is a step up from the PCA-3, screen is longer eliminating the need to scroll down to see all the readings, has trends capabilities, Bluetooth connectivity and many more features, it takes B-smart sensors and could also be field calibrated eliminating the need to send it away to the manufacturer every year, the cost of the sensors is a bit higher compared to the PCA-3 but a lot cheaper than Testo's, in a nutshell I really like this analyzer, the very best of its kind in my opinion.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    The PCA400 turned out to be a real turd, the biggest issue is air leaking through the many O-rings in the wand and analyzer ports, also the Bacharach app sometimes works and most of the time wont, back to using the PCA-3.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Did you call Bacharach? I’ve had no problems with the Insight going on 3 years.
    I don’t like the app but I made a little routine w/FileMaker to read the qr code with my cell phone to add to my database
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    Did you call Bacharach? I’ve had no problems with the Insight going on 3 years.
    I don’t like the app but I made a little routine w/FileMaker to read the qr code with my cell phone to add to my database
    I been using their tools for 20+ years without issues. The PCA-400 is a totally new design where before the wand and tubing was just one piece now they made the wand detachable and changed the meter ports from male to female with O-rings to seal, sometimes the O-rings leak air into the meter and screws up the readings if I wiggle the connectors the O2 readings go up and down, I could probably modify the connectors to barb or something better.

Post Likes
    Could you put a very small dab of vacuum grease on the o-ring???

Not that you should half to but.
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I been using their tools for 20+ years without issues. The PCA-400 is a totally new design where before the wand and tubing was just one piece now they made the wand detachable and changed the meter ports from male to female with O-rings to seal, sometimes the O-rings leak air into the meter and screws up the readings if I wiggle the connectors the O2 readings go up and down, I could probably modify the connectors to barb or something better.
    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    Could you put a very small dab of vacuum grease on the o-ring???

Not that you should half to but.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    I thought about using nylog or something like that but worry about it possibly getting sucked into the pump and sensors.

Post Likes
    Just wet the o-ring with something like the vacuum grease, or vegetable glycerin. Then wipe the excess.

Almost sounds like the o-rings are a touch too small.

My Ecom has similar style, Ive had no issues with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Or maybe they are drying out and shrinking slightly.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    Or maybe they are drying out and shrinking slightly.
    I think that's exactly what happened, Bacharach doesn't sell the O-rings so I took the meter to a local place specialized in O-rings and gaskets and they were able to match them, replaced all 8 O-rings and its working fine again, bought some extras just in case.