Post Likes

Water pre-filter on ice makers

Do you really need a pre -filter before the main water treatment filters. I have seen them both ways both with and with out. It doesn’t seem to make a difference. I mean the water treatment filters already have micron filters built in. Why do you need a pre-filter.

Post Likes
    I think the pre filters are much less expensive than the regular ice machine filters. If a pre filter makes the other filter last longer, it might make sense.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

Post Likes
    That depends on the water quality on site. Here on city water just a pre filter is required. If there on well water they pay for a analyses and we go from there!

Post Likes
    I use to take care of a Manitwoc Q series full cube unit at a rock quarry office. They were on a well and had a prefilter and a submicron filter, the prefilters would get this green, black slime so thick you couldn’t even see the filter within a month. It never plugged the submicron filter, which got changed yearly with the prefilter done quarterly. It’s 20 years old, still running with the original evap.