Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay g ac View Post
    Yeah if I’m not mistaken they recently announced the next gen of smans are coming out soon . @ mark I’ve heard that I guess I just don’t understand if having the micron gauge in the manifold is useless why would companies like fieldpiece invest the time and tech to integrate it in the first place ?
    because 95% of people doing this work don't know where the micron gauge should go on a system, 80% don't use one, and 60% of them don't even own one anyway.

FP has done the industry, as a whole, a service by putting them on manifolds.....they've at least made people aware of what one is. Now, having one, and knowing what to do with it are 2 different things.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Rumor has it Fieldpiece has redesigned old Sponge Bob Gauge Pants. There are sharp dudes at Fieldpiece and the constantly monitor what guys are saying out in the field. Hopefully they listened to the general criticism of a couple areas that needed improvement.

That being said, I liked the SMAN 3s when I owned them. Never had a problem with them. I just prefer my Digicools.
    I hear they also have great customer service.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Whenever I look at those digital gauges, I can never find the needle. How the heck can you figure out what's going on?
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Whenever I look at those digital gauges, I can never find the needle. How the heck can you figure out what's going on?
    I'm just the opposite, I can't image going back to a set of analogs and a pt chart. Been using digital gauges for over 12 years now. I don't even really look at the pressures, just the saturation temps. It's a lot easier when you use over 10 different refrigerants just to see the temps right on the gauges. And the digital pressure readings are really nice when pressure testing. Way easier to see the pressure drop then to look at the little needle and think did it move, or was I just not looking at from the same angle, lol.

5. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH, fitzyfitta liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    I'm just the opposite, I can't image going back to a set of analogs and a pt chart. Been using digital gauges for over 12 years now. I don't even really look at the pressures, just the saturation temps. It's a lot easier when you use over 10 different refrigerants just to see the temps right on the gauges. And the digital pressure readings are really nice when pressure testing. Way easier to see the pressure drop then to look at the little needle and think did it move, or was I just not looking at from the same angle, lol.
    I'm with you there bro, pressures don't mean squat to me.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

7. Likes shavedneon liked this post
    Post Likes
    The new SMAN 480 has an IP 54 rating, not bad. Anyone know what the current SMAN is? I've always just used the Digi-Cools not sure what there IP class is but I know it doesn't mind lots of water or dust.

Post Likes
    the originals must have been an IP01 rating.....if a gentle mist of fog even moved across them, they'd quite working.

10. Likes heatingman, JeffWil liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    the originals must have been an IP01 rating.....if a gentle mist of fog even moved across them, they'd quite working.
    LMFAO

Post Likes
    Here is the new 380s
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

"One out of 3 Democrat voters is just as stupid as the other two"
    -Said by me

Post Likes
    I have been using the Testo Digital Gage set for several years now with n issues what so ever. currently using the 557 set with bluetooth and micron transducer and love it. for the money its the best ive seen so far

14. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Post Likes
    Do your testos go back to zero after you've been working on a system? Got a coworker that bought the 557s a couple of weeks ago and his are always off by a few inches or psi after he works on a system and then let's the pressure out, or if there a temp change they seem to really change,. I've seen as much a 7 inches on the high side with a big temp change. Not sure if that is normal for testos or should he been sending them back?

Post Likes
    That is why I GAVE my Testos away,Never stay calibrated.Get a Fieldpiece!!They dontgo back to zero after you take them off a system and relieve the pressure.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    That is why I GAVE my Testos away,Never stay calibrated.Get a Fieldpiece!!They dontgo back to zero after you take them off a system and relieve the pressure.
    Mine do... Having said that i have had a couple instances where they didn't
    Return to zero, so i tested them against some yj analogs. Still spot on when pressure was applied again. It doesn't bother me heck you can zero them out if that otc. Them sponge bobs crack easy. They all have their faults honestly it just depends what fault you can live with.

Thing is they all should be water proof and shock resistant.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast