Thread: Looking for high efficiency replacement for 80% 90,000BTU manufactured home furnace

Post Likes

Looking for high efficiency replacement for 80% 90,000BTU manufactured home furnace

I'm looking for a 90,000BTU furnace approved for mobile home use with at least a 95% efficiency rating.

We have a 20 year old furnace in our 2,000 sq. ft. manufactured home. We are looking to add a central A/C system and we would like to replace the furnace with something more efficient while we're at it.

Old system:
    80% 90,000BTU unit approved for mobile home use and will accept up to a 4-ton A/C system.

Any suggestions on a replacement? I have been unable to find anything above 72,000BTU.

Why 90,000 BTU? We live at 7,000 feet (Santa Fe, NM) in a zone that claims we should have 45-50 BTU/sq. ft. It gets pretty cold her in the winter months.

Thank you,
    david

Post Likes
    So if your old furnace outputs 72,000 btu/hr, why do you want a new furnace that outputs 85,500 btu/hr?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I think you misread what I wrote. Our existing furnace is a 90,000 BTU unit. I want to replace it with the same sized unit but higher efficiency. Thank you.

Post Likes
    I did not misread....you are quoting gas input numbers, which is how they classify furnaces. You have to multiply by the efficiency to get the output. As you see you are trying to install a larger furnace.....highly doubtful you need to or that your duct work can handle additional airflow.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thank you for the clarification. I was not aware that the 90,000BTU rating on my existing furnace was an input number. Looking at the manual for it just now, it is a 90,000 input, 72,000 output. That should be simple enough to find.

Post Likes
    In reality you might get away with a 60K input!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in