Thread: Amana vs Bryant

Post Likes

Amana vs Bryant

Does anyone have any strong preference one way or the other on Amana vs Bryant? I have the contractor which typically does Bryant but will do Amana as I like the lifetime warranties on HE and compressor (unit replacements for both). Looking to replace furnace and AC, upgrading single to 2 stage for both, 90% to 96% on furnace, 10 seer to 16. So comparable units, same price. So it's really down to whether there is anything notable good or bad to tip the needle. Otherwise the warranty will be the deciding factor (I realize it is unlikely to be used but it's there in the rare case vs Bryant which is only lifetime on HE part... but unless it happens in years 11-15, it's useless as you would likely just replace the unit). Both have 10 years parts and labor warranty.

Post Likes
    Model #s?

Post Likes
    Amana amec96 and asxc 16.

Bryant 926TA60100V21 and
    127ANA048000

Post Likes
    What's the indoor coil model numbers on both, got the AHRI certified reference number also to prove a match?

If they did not supply one on the bid/contract ask them for the number.

They mention rebates?

Who supplying the 10 year labor warranty, the manufacturers or the Installing Contractor?

Post Likes
    Bryant CNPVP4821ALA

I dont have amana on me but matched system. (Let's assume for now I'll get the cert)

Same rebates both, same final price.

Post Likes
    Reason for asking for ID coil number is the Bryant has a built in TXV metering device from the factory. If they quoted the Amana CA*F that comes with a factory piston metering device and would need to have the OEM TXV field installed to get 16 SEER. If they quoted the CA*T that has the factory installed TXV.

Need to be careful if they quote the CA*F and they don't add the field installed OEM TXV as to me their padding their profit margin at your expense, as you will be under the 16 SEER rating of the OD unit.

All those manufacturers lifetime warranty you stated on both brands are only true to the original registered owner. It's called a " limited " lifetime to original owner. If system of your choose is never registered those great manufacturers warranty probably fall to a basic 20 year HX warranty and a 5 year parts and compressor warranty.

The Amana looks to give you more standard features on the OD unit, at the very least the Copeland compressor has the core sense diagnosis whereas the Bryant has a standard ( probably Copeland ) compressor and the Amana system is communicating.

If the manufacturers are providing the extended labor warranty, may want to find out from the manufacturer directly if they require any additional yearly PM checks to maintain those extended warranties,

Either system properly installed and commissioned should work fine for you.

I did a quick check at AHRI web-site to see the AHRI number of the Bryant, but could not find it. Not saying it's not in there somewhere, but at the very least if your getting rebates you would need a AHRI number. Myself I would not sign with either until they show you the number.

Here's the web-site to check your SEER and EER of your system. These numbers are on paper and not real world, but still...if your paying for a 16 SEER rated system, it would be nice to get it, even if it's on paper.

Would need the complete model numbers of the OD unit, ID coil, and furnace of the Amana to get your AHRI number. It's easier to find Amana number.

http://www.ahrinet.org/Certification

Check yourself for possible rebates : http://www.dsireusa.org/
    Last edited by Bazooka Joey; 03-14-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Post Likes
    Thank you for your input. I will request that additional information.

Post Likes
    You aren't totally looking at like products.

The Amana furnace has a constant torque high efficiency motor where the 926T is a variable speed motor, a big plus. You could ask for a quote on the Amana AMVC96 to compare variable speed furnaces. Then the Amana has the advantage being communicating with the matching communicating A/C. Amana also has a stainless steel primary heat exchanger and lifetime replacement warranty if said heat exchanger fails.

A/Cs are very comparable in technology with Copeland's Ultra Tech 2 stage scroll compressor. But extras like communicating with the furnace, Copeland's Comfort Alert diagnostic system, Daikin's Comfort Bridge electronics and lifetime replacement warranty if the comp fails puts the Amana ahead.