Post Likes

Problem of primary & secondary pumps system

I would like to seek someoneís help for the following design problem.

What situation is suitable to use primary & secondary pumps system for a chiller plant design?

Post Likes
    When there are different GPM requirements between the chillers and air handlers.

Post Likes
    See if this helps you to understand it. The primary chilled water circuit lowers, and maintains a "constant" chilled water temp, and flow "Loop", at design, and set point. The secondary circuit feeds off of the primary loop to meet the GPM demand requirements, for all air handler's down range.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    You never replied in your last post asking about psychrometrics.

Are you just trying to answer test questions, or learn something to assist troubleshooting an installation?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    You never replied in your last post asking about psychrometrics.

Are you just trying to answer test questions, or learn something to assist troubleshooting an installation?

12 year member 37 posts

Post Likes
    Life cycle cost calculations that compare primary/secondary to other options.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post

12 year member 37 posts
    I never visited his profile. If that is his actual history, I feel sorry for the mechanics that have been recipients of his engineered jobs.

Normally I wouldnít insinuate negativity towards a user, but when someone is asking questions regarding the engineering side of our business, then doesnít engage when people respond to and attempt to assist with those questions.....it tells me that he is an engineer that knows very little about this trade, yet is designing jobs for it.

I may be wrong, and am more than willing to accept that, but the lack of response makes me feel like Iím not.

Post Likes
    get em boys

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolerinfrederick View Post
    get em boys
    Man, Iím seriously not trying to insight negativity, or just generally be a d!ck.

Iím just disappointed when someone comes to this site looking for technical advice, and doesnít contribute anything back to it.

Not only that, but when itís someone asking such in depth questions, that it appears they are involved in engineering and designing of projects in this field.....and the asking of those questions reveals they know less than the Guys doing the service work.

Like I said, I may be wrong, and if I am, thatís fine....but looking at past history, Iím not sure that I am.

Post Likes
    i try to be mindful as well and help guys out too because we all need it from time to time, but its fun to poke fun alittle, you and i have been on this ite for over 10 years so i get what your saying, sometmes i have to remind myself what its like to be inexperienced and how demanding our job can be

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ben9108 View Post
    I would like to seek someoneís help for the following design problem.

What situation is suitable to use primary & secondary pumps system for a chiller plant design?
    Are you just going to come on this site and keep asking questions and not respond or are you going to participate in the discussions? If you keep doing this, your going to get cut off.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolerinfrederick View Post
    i try to be mindful as well and help guys out too because we all need it from time to time, but its fun to poke fun alittle, you and i have been on this ite for over 10 years so i get what your saying, sometmes i have to remind myself what its like to be inexperienced and how demanding our job can be

Yeah man, we all need help. If someone tells me they never call for help, and can figure out any problem themselves, I know theyíre full of crap.

There is too much to our field for anyone to be able to work through every problem on their own. We can all solve the standard problems, but when you get into odd installations, strange controls, or in depth engineering issues, youíre not gonna have a standard answer......not only that, but when you start getting into engineering and design issues, there are very few guys at the top of the ladder, for all manufacturers, that can help solve your problems.

There are days I feel like I donít know anything, and canít fix sh!t. Then there are days that I fix things that no one else has for 10 years.

Like I said, Iím not trying to trash the OP, it just seems like his only motivation is to come here for answers, not to contribute to the general knowledge of the field.

Iíve worked on 60 year old equipment. If the guys before me would have imparted thier knowledge to me, it would have saved me tons of time and headaches. My goal is to give my knowledge to the next generation,íso they donít have to experience the the same headaches I did.

If all you worry about is not training others so you can keep your job, you have a small mind.