Post Likes

Testo digital manifolds

Question..

I had a Testo 550 set with the wired clamps. The wires are as thin as hair and the plugs stuck out the side of the manifold like sore thumbs.

After going through 3 clamps because wire strain failure at the plugs... I eventually sold the set. and I hardly used this manifold. I only used it on the top end equipment... I didn't want to use it as a "daily driver". So disappointing...although the rest of the manifold was GREAT!

I spoke to a Testo rep at Gemaire and I asked her... Why aren't there wireless clamps for this manifold?...I mean after all Testo does make the wireless pressure probes and wireless clamps via bluetooth in a kit. Couldn't one simply pair the wireless clamps to the manifold?...I mean I would gladly buy the kit if I had to.
    She said no....but they are working on it....This was over a year ago...lol

The manifold has bluetooth capability. So it seems to me a simple firmware update in the manifold which has a connection port to do so on it...would suffice?

I guess they just like selling clamps at $60+ a pop

Fieldpiece SM480V which just came out in February will have this wireless temp clamp feature.... I wonder if Testo will follow through?

If they do I would definitely go back to Testo...For now I am eyeing the Fieldpiece.....Sure does look nice !

Thoughts???
    It's all about heat transfer...

Post Likes
    This is why I went back to analogs. When you have a fancy manifold gauge with temperature sensors and micrometers, you’re at the will of the manufacturer to provide replacement parts, if they still make them at all. For the same price I paid for my Testo, I bought two Yellow Jackets with high-accuracy gauges and low loss hoses (one for R22, one for R410A), still had money left over to make a couple stubbies. I use my Cooper Atkins blue box for temperature readings.

Have my diagnostics been any less accurate or inefficient? No. If anything, it’s better not having a tangled-up arrangment of hoses and temperature clamps and always needing batteries to do your job. All you need to know is pressure, the sat temperature can be found on any PT chart. If I drop my manifold an a gauge breaks, just go to the supply house and pick up a new gauge for $20. Just my two cents.

3. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Post Likes
    I use my Testo 550s on all systems. Crappy ones and newer systems.

Haven't had a wire failure on them yet. Although I did accidentally mess up the connector on one.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

5. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CircusEnvy View Post
    This is why I went back to analogs. When you have a fancy manifold gauge with temperature sensors and micrometers, you’re at the will of the manufacturer to provide replacement parts, if they still make them at all. For the same price I paid for my Testo, I bought two Yellow Jackets with high-accuracy gauges and low loss hoses (one for R22, one for R410A), still had money left over to make a couple stubbies. I use my Cooper Atkins blue box for temperature readings.

Have my diagnostics been any less accurate or inefficient? No. If anything, it’s better not having a tangled-up arrangment of hoses and temperature clamps and always needing batteries to do your job. All you need to know is pressure, the sat temperature can be found on any PT chart. If I drop my manifold an a gauge breaks, just go to the supply house and pick up a new gauge for $20. Just my two cents.
    Tell it, Brother!

Post Likes
    Sporlan's are completely wireless.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Try the yellow jacket digi gauges, there about best gauge that man has ever made IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Try the yellow jacket digi gauges, there about best gauge that man has ever made IMO.

The color screen ones?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    The color screen ones?
    I got the old calculator screen on mine, they are just about the same beast. I have to scroll through to see sh/sc, saturation or line temps. Or just get on the app and I can see it all at the same time.

It would really just depends on the work you do.