+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transfer License to another State / Jurisdiction

Post Likes

Transfer License to another State / Jurisdiction

Has anyone here successfully transferred their trade license to a neighboring state? I have a Connecticut unlimited heating, piping, & cooling journeyman license (CT-S2) and I'm wondering if it's possible to also become licensed in neighboring states without having to go through the whole process again. I sometimes travel out of state to work under another contractor and it would be nice to be properly licensed in those areas as well.

Post Likes
    I hold Ct-S1, & SM1, & looked into this when working for previous employer. Massachusetts & Rhode Island want you to re-apply in their states, and at their discretion, can allow to take the test, or not. Certain parts of New York recognize Ct license, others are like Mass. & RI.

Post Likes
    You are talking about resiprocity. There are only a few states that have reciprocal agreements.

Two suggestions, get on the state web site you wish to move in to and do a search for resiprocity, see what comes up. But by far the fastest is pick up the phone and give them a call.

Licenses and registration are a revenue thing, it provides income to the city/stste and justify the need for someone to have a job to manage us contractor. Some states are absolute stinkers and say sorry start over. Other states say provide your training and work experience we will allow you to take our test. If you pass pay your licensing fee and you can have a license and work

Give them a call and you can have your answer in about 5 minutes.
    Good Luck

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in