Thread: Flow testers.

Post Likes

Flow testers.

Anyone recommend a good setup for water loop flow testing? I remember seeing one advertised at the back of manual, possibly Belimo. Maybe $150 or so. Had 2 gauges,hoses & connectors. I never had much need,so I didn't look fully into it. But twice this heating season I could have used something more precise. Any good links to flow testing would also be appreciated. Thank You!

Post Likes
    Check Ebay.

Search hydronic flow meter

Hydronic read out kit

Hydronic manometer

Etc...

Sometimes you get lucky and find em cheap.

Midwest Instruments still makes them new, but they are pricey. You will see them branded under Taco, Armstrong, Bell Gosset, Etc..

I picked this one up recently

But a cheap and easy way is to make a poormans version from an old refrigeration manifold, or just a 1/4 npt cross, and a few 1/4 npt to 1/4 flare adaptors. Change out the gauge for different pressures you need to read. Use hoses with isolation valves and just read one point at a time, and multiply by 2.31 to convert to feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    My ,like this post, button still don't work. So, thank you!

Post Likes
    What's the device that you're trying to read? The meters shown here are intended to read differential pressure, so the thing that you're reading a differential across is critical. Most devices intended to measure water flow will require precision higher than a $150 can achieve.

Post Likes
    If you need accuracy and reliability don't go cheap. I at one time had four mechanical type differential pressure meters. I was constantly working on them cleaning etc. I finally threw them all away and used good gages on a manifold. I had several gages with different ranges which were accurate. I eventually went digital. It was expensive but trouble free.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson