Post Likes

Silly Distech Questions

Ok go easy on me! I'm new to distech, and at this point somewhat clueless with their stuff. I have some allure com sensors that the zone temperature value reads correctly in GFX, but the proxy point in the jace doesn't automatically update to correct value. If you use the read point action the point updates to the current value. Is this what's used to refresh data? All the points when proxyed in have that action available. This can't be how the data is updated? It surely would do this automatically right? The other question which is related to this hole create points action. I was told by distech tech support that your not suppose to manually discover points, and then proxy them. This is so foreign to me with any Niagara product I've used in the past? It seems if I create one point in GFX and want to proxy that single point in using the create point action it seems to ignore the already proxyed points and adds them all again plus the new one? That is annoying! How do you add one point in GFX and then proxy that single point using the create points action recommended by distech? This stuff makes me appreciate JCI FX more and more everyday! LOL

Post Likes
    Use the right click "create points" and use the temporary folder "Created points", drag out what you need and then delete folder. Points created this way should update automatically.

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by klrogers View Post
    Use the right click "create points" and use the temporary folder "Created points", drag out what you need and then delete folder. Points created this way should update automatically.
    Thanks for the reply. That is what I've been doing recently for adding the one point I described. So just trying to get my mind around this. If the com sensor points were discovered and added manually like all other niagara points I have ever proxyed could you see the points not updating correctly? I can't figure out why that would be? This site was done awhile back, and I was sure all the points were brought in using the create points action. But I sure don't have the recall I use to, so maybe they were proxyed the way I described. So the read point action does what? Just a manual refresh if you want to?

Post Likes
    What model controller? If you are using ECBs your polling service may be overwhelmed and its dropping polls. If its an ECY, you can set the point to send out COV broadcasts.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SnekyJedi View Post
    What model controller? If you are using ECBs your polling service may be overwhelmed and its dropping polls. If its an ECY, you can set the point to send out COV broadcasts.
    ECL-650

Post Likes
    Ugh LON. Ive done a few of those but Im no expert. Has to be something to do with tuning policies. Is the rest of the LON network stable.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SnekyJedi View Post
    Ugh LON. Ive done a few of those but Im no expert. Has to be something to do with tuning policies. Is the rest of the LON network stable.
    Yes it seems the only value not updating is the allure com sensor value. I have access to the system remotely on Monday's so tomorrow I will contunie working on this. Probably make a tech support call at this point

Post Likes
    Make sure there are no spaces in the controller name and that the first character is not a number. While I do not believe that it is the cause of your current issue, do not duplicate Distech Lonworks GFX devices. It will cause problems such as the Com Senors not reading correctly.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JSLLC4Life View Post
    Make sure there are no spaces in the controller name and that the first character is not a number. While I do not believe that it is the cause of your current issue, do not duplicate Distech Lonworks GFX devices. It will cause problems such as the Com Senors not reading correctly.
    The controller is the only one in the Lon network, and wasn't duplicated. I need to double check the name. But I believe it is AHU_4