Post Likes

Tips for dealing with litter box smell?

Hey, so despite my best efforts, my kitty's litter is starting to stink up the apartment. I had been leaving a window open in the litter-box room earlier, but now it's either too cold or too rainy to do that (the rain comes right in the window). The brand of litter I'm using claims to be odor absorbent, but it's really not enough. Anyone have suggestions of air fresheners or other things I can use to improve the situation?

Post Likes
    I installed a high CFM bathroom exhaust fan and run that in the room 24/7. If you do that then get a quiet one.

Frequent litter box changes, ours is scooped daily and changed weekly.

We use the crystals (kinda like silica moisture absorbent, if that’s or exactly what it is) and it seems to do a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Might want to try using wood pellets for a pellet stove as litter. 5-6 dollars for a 40lb bag also. Clean it every day and you shouldn't have a problem.

I would be hesitant to advise someone to run a high cfm fan in the bathroom 24-7 without seeing their heater and water heater setup.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Friend of mine taught the cat to use their toilet. They had to flush for the cat, but no handling bio-hazard and breathing cat piss stench.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post

I would be hesitant to advise someone to run a high cfm fan in the bathroom 24-7 without seeing their heater and water heater setup.
    That’s a fair concern, an ERV might be a better solution but it’s still going to have an effect on the overall capacity requirements of the system. My point was more towards getting the space in a slightly negative pressure so the smells don’t drift through the house. If the resident is unfamiliar with HVAC then they should consult a professional to help them design a solution that will keep the space comfortable if they are concerned about that, and avoid creating a negative draft situation if they have gas burning appliances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Leave the door open.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Electrostatic Air Purifier will help you.

Post Likes
    Leave the door open or else take the help of the professional.