Post Likes

Here's a really specific American AutoMatrix question...

So, I'm doing some migration work at my campus on and old (the LAST) R2 PUPNet, moving it to an AX front end. I've hit a snag: I have a 3-floor dorm with an AHU per floor, all controlled by a GC1. 1st and 2nd are toddling along nicely, no issues. The 3rd floor unit has a sub-point on a channel that doesn't seem to exist on ANY GC1, but 1 and 2 are happy with it. The point is on channel 1000 (I know, right?) called OL, and is named OA_LOCKOUT (betcha can't guess what it does). So on the first two, this non-existent channel and subpoint work fine, no faults, calculates fan and DX setpoints right as rain, but on 3, this point is faulted, flagged as "Read fault: errPUP.noSuchChannel". After a bit of digging, the only difference I can point to is that 1 and 2 are Version (FF00:VE) 1.00, while 3 is Version 1.02

My GC 'PUP Channels and Attributes' booklet has no entries for channel 1000. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NateClark View Post
    So, I'm doing some migration work at my campus on and old (the LAST) R2 PUPNet, moving it to an AX front end. I've hit a snag: I have a 3-floor dorm with an AHU per floor, all controlled by a GC1. 1st and 2nd are toddling along nicely, no issues. The 3rd floor unit has a sub-point on a channel that doesn't seem to exist on ANY GC1, but 1 and 2 are happy with it. The point is on channel 1000 (I know, right?) called OL, and is named OA_LOCKOUT (betcha can't guess what it does). So on the first two, this non-existent channel and subpoint work fine, no faults, calculates fan and DX setpoints right as rain, but on 3, this point is faulted, flagged as "Read fault: errPUP.noSuchChannel". After a bit of digging, the only difference I can point to is that 1 and 2 are Version (FF00:VE) 1.00, while 3 is Version 1.02

My GC 'PUP Channels and Attributes' booklet has no entries for channel 1000. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    Do you have a copy of SoloPro? It sounds like a user defined custom SPL channel. I would upload the controller and decompile the program. That will show you if it is used or not.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    Do you have a copy of SoloPro? It sounds like a user defined custom SPL channel. I would upload the controller and decompile the program. That will show you if it is used or not.
    In tridium, you can right click on the controller > view > Pup Region Manager and then click Get Regions at the bottom. Under the Region Name column there will be a name if there is an SPL or it will be blank if there is not.

Doesn't help you edit the SPL but it can tell you if one is downloaded to the controller.

Post Likes

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    I don't think I agree with this. The GC-1 has one SPL program channel, F201. The user defined attributes will be F201;%A through F201;%P. I'm not certain whether it was possible to deviate from these with custom attribute names like it was on other controllers, but even if so, the channel would still be F201, not "1000"(???).

NateClark: Can you verify that channel name? In my experience, AAM channels always start with "F". I don't see anything matching your description in the CG1 manual I have or in SoloPro...

Post Likes
    The GC-1 manual refers to these custom channels in section 4-30. I have personally used channels such as 1000 as long as I declare them in the program.

Post Likes
    Here is a paste from the manual:
    4.30 0000•7FFF Channel Attributes (SPL Program Attributes) Channels 0000 through 7FFF are reserved for user•defined, RAM•resident SPL program attributes. When you create an SPL program to be downloaded to the SOLO/GC, you may create customized program attributes. These attributes along with their current values are displayed in channels 0000•7FFF. User•defined SPL program attributes are created in the SPL program using the ATTR statement. The ATTR statement includes the attribute name (e.g., CV), its data type and an optional channel number(among other things). This channel number(0000h•7FFFh) specifies the channel location. If no channel is specified for a particular attribute, it uses the default location 0000.

Post Likes
    Reaper, thanks for the knowledge. I thought one had to use the attributes that live in F201...didn't realize there was additional memory available on the GC-1 for this purpose.

So back to the original question...

Post Likes
    Thanks guys, I will check...

Post Likes
    ...aha!! There is a region in this one called H017 (the other two controllers with identical equipment have regions named GC2071 with a size of 304), with a size of 276. I'm betting that the different version number of this controller means that it was taken from another location in the campus (over the course of the last few decades most buildings have been renovated and the AAM controls salvaged for use as spares) and the SPL was never sent into the replacement controller. I have also recently learned that modern computers (64-bit) apparently cannot compile SPL, so I'll need a mothballed laptop to get this done. Thanks again!!