Post Likes

Commercial Refrigeration - Arizona

After engaging several Commercial Refrigeration Techs in Phoenix AZ, it has been agreed for the better part that a proposed Serviceman (80%), via a SchA mod, is a good wage for ComRef. That would be approximately $35/Hr plus Fringes (benefits paid-for).
    One of the Contractors of whom workers were engaged is non-union in AZ and is Union in California. In California, ComRef pay is Journeyman - which is the same pay as a Chiller Tech.
    At this point, Journeyman pay for ComRef in AZ may be viewed as pie-in-the-sky, but I believe it could get there. It would take some time though.
    FYI, I am not out trying to recruit for the Signatory contractors. That's what the Recruiters at the Local should be doing.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Dont you see temperatures around 115 F out there ?

Give me 50hr and I will start packing ...

Post Likes
    I’m confused in Arizona your food can spoil as long as your balls are cool? A commercial ac tech makes more than a commercial refrigeration guy or did I miss something
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    A Union (Journeyman) Heavy Commercial HVAC Tech makes about $15/Hr than a non-union Commercial Refrigeration Tech. There is currently no Union ComRef Techs as there is no ComRef Signatory shops. We would need to start somewhere.

Post Likes
    Why are we discussing pay scales in a open area???

Adrian
    you have the post count apply for Pro status and continue this in a closed area!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianOmarPerez View Post
    A Union (Journeyman) Heavy Commercial HVAC Tech makes about $15/Hr than a non-union Commercial Refrigeration Tech. There is currently no Union ComRef Techs as there is no ComRef Signatory shops. We would need to start somewhere.

Gotcha I knew I was missing something. Don’t know the difference in benefits in that area but sounds like the non union guys are leaving serious money on the table
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    About $17/Hr in Fringes for Jm. A proposed Sm would be around 2/3 for Pensions A and B. Total Package for Sm (80%) would be approximately $49/Hr.
    The ComRef side could be covered by 3 levels of Sm. Then we make certain that some PTO (Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Leave) and Non-Health Benefits elections would still available to the Employee, such as Company 401K. It would be a win-ain for everybody.