+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Bluetooth gauges

Post Likes

Thoughts on Bluetooth gauges

Debating between yellow jacket 67002 or fieldpiece jL3kh6. Wanted some insight on durability of these systems. I like the thought of not having hoses to reduce refrigerant loss during a pm.

Post Likes
    You can use analog stubbies too, coming from a guy that almost exclusively uses wireless digital

3. Likes joemach liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I’ve done that in the past. But then I would actually have to do some math to figure out SH and SC. My sman have made me lazy haha

5. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I have the Fieldpiece jl3 kit but to be honest I haven’t even taken it out of the package after about 8 months. I use the iConnect, followed by digiciool ak900. I use analog stubbies and a cooper-Atkins wireless clamp for quick checks.

The ak900 is a straight workhorse. The one I’m using looks like it’s been through WW3.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the reply. I’m might pass on jl3 then. I retired my ak when I broke the sensors and manifold started leaking

Post Likes
    I have the fieldpiece with the transducers and wireless temo and humidity. Love them. No issues after a year

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by a4372302 View Post
    Debating between yellow jacket 67002 or fieldpiece jL3kh6. Wanted some insight on durability of these systems. I like the thought of not having hoses to reduce refrigerant loss during a pm.
    The Fieldpiece Joblink probes have been really solid. Used with MeasureQuick they are a great combination.

Jim
    JLB,

11. Likes kdean1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Been using the FP probes for roughly 7 months. I like them a lot. They're my go to gauges. I have the full iConnect system, and Testo550's for back up.
    Still disappointed with the empty promises of iConnect upgrades that never came out. Geez, they never even shortened the damn line temp strap wires.

I'm hoping FP will come out with a compatible dual port manometer and watt/clamp multi-meter. I would buy them today, if they made 'em.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    Been using the FP probes for roughly 7 months. I like them a lot. They're my go to gauges. I have the full iConnect system, and Testo550's for back up.
    Still disappointed with the empty promises of iConnect upgrades that never came out. Geez, they never even shortened the damn line temp strap wires.

I'm hoping FP will come out with a compatible dual port manometer and watt/clamp multi-meter. I would buy them today, if they made 'em.
    How is the connectivity with the full blown FP system.

I have the air probes, and they work, but seem to cut in and out a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    How is the connectivity with the full blown FP system.

I have the air probes, and they work, but seem to cut in and out a bit.

They all cut in an out, but it's a non issue for the most part, because they almost always reconnect within a few seconds. I just look at it as a refresh. I found if I close all of the opened apps on my phone before opening the FP app it works better sometimes.

Long term reliability is yet to be seen, but they've been great so far. I did get some bad pressure readings, but I found out it was the NRP low loss 90° fittings I was using. Those things did not last long before the seals blew out of them.

Post Likes
    They all cut in an out, but it's a non issue for the most part, because they almost always reconnect within a few seconds. I just look at it as a refresh. I found if I close all of the opened apps on my phone before opening the FP app it works better sometimes.

Long term reliability is yet to be seen, but they've been great so far. I did get some bad pressure readings, but I found out it was the NRP low loss 90° fittings I was using. Those things did not last long before the seals blew out of them.
    I bought a Galaxy S5 with a bad ESN number for 50 dollars, an extended life battery for 15 dollars, and a Otterbox case for 10 dollars, all off of Ebay that I use for my wireless Appion gauges ...... you can still connect to WiFi to download any apps

16. Likes heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacskills View Post
    I bought a Galaxy S5 with a bad ESN number for 50 dollars, an extended life battery for 15 dollars, and a Otterbox case for 10 dollars, all off of Ebay that I use for my wireless Appion gauges ...... you can still connect to WiFi to download any apps
    Are you saying the android maintains better connection vs iOS?

Post Likes
    mgenius highjacking for just a second. How is the drawer box working out in the truck? How did you secure it down?

Post Likes
    Are you saying the android maintains better connection vs iOS?
    no idea, my Appions always stay connected but the Bluetooth range is whacked ..... using the S5 allows me to use my normal cell phone at the same time, and the app on the S5 stays on the same screen, plus if I leave the S5 plugged in the truck overnight it will have a full battery the next day and stay full until I use it ..... figured an S5 was supposed to be somewhat water resistant so went with that ...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacskills View Post
    no idea, my Appions always stay connected but the Bluetooth range is whacked ..... using the S5 allows me to use my normal cell phone at the same time, and the app on the S5 stays on the same screen, plus if I leave the S5 plugged in the truck overnight it will have a full battery the next day and stay full until I use it ..... figured an S5 was supposed to be somewhat water resistant so went with that ...
    Good idea, I was thinking about an iPad mini. Especially for the BluVac, because it seems to drain my phone battery when I use the BT tools.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    mgenius highjacking for just a second. How is the drawer box working out in the truck? How did you secure it down?
    I have to say, I love the Milwaukee tool box. The deep bottom drawers are great for larger battery powered tools like circular saws and such. It was a giant mess before. I had the stackable Ridgid tool box set. What a pain to constantly pull that thing apart every time I needed something.

I didn't secure it to anything and it hasn't moved a bit, or fallen over. I do however forget to lock the drawers from time to time, and I have to pull over to lock it. The cylindrical key seems to be holding up pretty well so far.
    I bought the whole set and sold the top half on OfferUp.

Post Likes
    I've been using the JL3KH6 kit for more than a year now, and highly recommend it.

The MeasureQuick app is the "killer app" that should get people off the fence about it. I'm not sure I would even bother with the Fieldpiece app at this point.

I'd recommend getting an additional Psychrometer probe and additional temperature clamp probe, for outdoor air temperature and discharge line temperature, to make the most of the capabilities available with the MeasureQuick app.

Post Likes
    I enjoy having the bluetooth feature but most times prefer just using the gauge.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I've been using the JL3KH6 kit for more than a year now, and highly recommend it.

The MeasureQuick app is the "killer app" that should get people off the fence about it. I'm not sure I would even bother with the Fieldpiece app at this point.

I'd recommend getting an additional Psychrometer probe and additional temperature clamp probe, for outdoor air temperature and discharge line temperature, to make the most of the capabilities available with the MeasureQuick app.
    Good idea. I'll probably pick them up. I'm still learning the MQ app. For some reason, I've not been doing much refrigerant system work lately. Except for Daikin VRV
    [B][SIZE=2] CENTER]I no longer identify as a conspiracy theorist. You may now refer to me as “That guy that was always right”.

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Except for Daikin VRV
    What have you got against near 100% coil failure rates and random sensor failures that cause the system to self destruct compressors?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in