Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doyle crimps

Post Likes

Doyle crimps

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Yup. Same here. If you set up an alert for "Wera" on slickdeals.com you can get a set pretty cheap. They are actually cheap right now on amazon at $28. But I've gotten them for $24 before.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The insulated above are actually cheaper than the non insulated below.

https://www.amazon.com/Wera-Kraftfor...TNF4QAN9YTNKS3
    Check out chadstoolbox.com see how his prices compare. That’s where I’ve bought mine.

https://chadstoolbox.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    Check out chadstoolbox.com see how his prices compare. That’s where I’ve bought mine.

https://chadstoolbox.com/

Thanks, buddy. Prices and selection look good. That website is now in my bookmarks.
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

3. Likes 270wsm liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Another suggestion: Remember the "flag" style crimp-on connectors? Where the crimped wire will come out the side, presumably for cramped quarters or terminal ends just a little too close to the control panel or compressor cover, or to make the wiring better fitting inside a full control panel.
    Just grind off the "cutter" end of the doyle and you will have a good crimper for the flags at a reasonable price that also will not crush the female spade as you crimp. Been using one for years.
    Regards All,
    Ron

5. Likes 270wsm liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Yep, had the same issue with a demolition screwdriver that Klein made. was all excited about it, cause it was supposed to be designed to be used like a chisel. First time I hit the back with a hammer the tip bent.

went out and bought a full set of Milwaukee screwdrivers for the price of 2 Kleins, and they are holding up very well.
    I had the same screw driver. I got to use it one time. It literally didn’t even undo its first screw that I tried to undo with it before the tip snapped off.

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Picked up these at harbor freight yesterday for fidteen nidety nine yesterday. Says they have a 100% lifetime guarantee. Don’t believe kleins offer that for about x2 the price.

Doyle on the left, kleins on the right.

I just picked up a new set of Klein crimpers like you show (but now they also have a wire stripper incorporated below the pivot point. The problem with them though is that the tips don’t touch. Can’t even cut a tie strap all the way through unless you set it right at the back of the cutting jaw.

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    i have Klein screwdrivers and pliers, i like them a lot and never had any issues
    German tools are well made too but way to expensive.
    bought some red brand and yellow black brand, not even close in quality to Klein
    i will keep buying Klein since they are very good tools
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

Post Likes
    Just happen to read this thread a bit late.
    I had to buy a new set of crimps and bout the new Klein forged crimps and I must have got a good set, they are my daily drivers. BUT, I have three or four pairs of Klein Romex strippers that pretty much suck, and I won't be buying any more of them. Yes, their quality has deminished quiet a bit, and I buy a lot of "other" tools now, such a shame. As with most things, they make some good tools, some bad. Hey, wait, that sounds like HF.... Can't believe I said that!

Post Likes
    Ive slowly been finding replacement brands for my klein tools as like others have said quality is down, price is up, and it seems to be getting worse. Switch to Wiha screwdrivers, i highly recommend, and Knipex "channel locks" and needle nose pliers, happy with them but price keeps me from trying more of their tools. Went to the "jaw" style crimpers(titan brand), only work for insulated connectors but they have been a game changer. In order of priority I want to replace my set of magnetic nut drivers, wire strippers, and dikes. Any body have any suggestions?

Post Likes
    Strangely enough, the only magnetic nutdrivers I like are Hilmor. I grind the socket down just a tad, so that they hold the screws better, but that's the case with any brand. they have the best feel for me and are relatively cheap.The new Milwaukee dikes are great for me. As I said above the forged Klein crimp pliers are the best I've used so far, just have to check a few pairs out to make sure the quality is there. Also, for just a darn good wire stripper, that has overlapping jaws which to me is much better than the older style that just meet together, the Stanley standard wire strippers are fantastic, I have two pair as backups tot he Kleins.

Post Likes
    I do not like the new klein nut drivers. I think they market them as heavy duty and they have a full through shaft for rod and such. i find them to big and cumbersome. I have the regular and extended versions of the old style yes they bend no they are not perfect but until i find something better they work for me and i am happy with them. That being said i lost my two old style shorter ones and i replaced them with the new style that i hate. I have all old klein screwdrivers and they are all good some fifteen years old. Some are getting done now but i do not want to replace them. The new ones are for sure a downgrade in quality.

Knipex makes amazing pliers yes they are expensive but so far they are the best. I also like Ideal strippers i think they work pretty good but i have never had an amazing set of crimpers or strippers and i have tried quite a few.

Honestly for the money i have some wera insulated screwdrivers and for the price you can not beat them way cheaper then klein and just as good. Take a little getting used to the handle but they are surprisingly comfy.

I will say i have a couple klein adjustable wrenches mind you and i love them best ones i have found so far. What do you guys use for adjustables ?

Post Likes
    I still have em. They seem the equivalent of a klein in every way.....

Post Likes
    By the way im digging these Milwaukee channel lock. Button adjustment is easyier to use than the vise grip brand and they have a pipe reamer on the end of the handel.

The dewalts are terrible. Now all I gotta do is keep them in my tool bag

Post Likes
    I just bought a pair of HF Doyle multi purpose pliers/strippers like Milwaukee and Klein make, and they work great, for a third of the price, lifetime guarantee. I still like the Klein forged crimper/strippers better and carry a set of long nose plies too.
    Have any of you tried the Knipex pliers wrench? I looked at them a long time ago and thought they were pricey and gimicky, but just broke down and bought a 7" set, and have abandoned my favorite Channellock adjustable wrench with the blue handles. The Knipex are fantastic, great grip on nut or bolt far easier to use than adjustable wrench, but at almost $50 a pop, I doubt I'll buy a lot of them. Wish Knipex would get some real world pricing!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast