+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doyle crimps

Post Likes

Doyle crimps

Picked up these at harbor freight yesterday for fidteen nidety nine yesterday. Says they have a 100% lifetime guarantee. Don’t believe kleins offer that for about x2 the price.

Doyle on the left, kleins on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Core_d; 03-03-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Post Likes
    Probably made in the same factory now anyway.

Cant believe klein is going back on their lifetime warranty. Gonna lose alot of customers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Probably made in the same factory now anyway.

Cant believe klein is going back on their lifetime warranty. Gonna lose alot of customers.

I totally agree. Replaced a lost klein flathead a while back and chipped the tip of it first time i used it turning a screw. $10 down the drain. Never did try to exchange it or anything.

Post Likes
    Yep, had the same issue with a demolition screwdriver that Klein made. was all excited about it, cause it was supposed to be designed to be used like a chisel. First time I hit the back with a hammer the tip bent.

went out and bought a full set of Milwaukee screwdrivers for the price of 2 Kleins, and they are holding up very well.

Post Likes
    Starting to see lots of Kleins bieng made in china.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    I totally agree. Replaced a lost klein flathead a while back and chipped the tip of it first time i used it turning a screw. $10 down the drain. Never did try to exchange it or anything.

If they wont give you a new one cant you just grind it down or better yet... file it down into something usable ?

Ive taken a lot of screwdrivers over the years and took meat off the end..... just filed the end down... to make the tip a bit wider.

A little time and patience.. and a file and vise.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Jonathan Lawson 2024

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    If they wont give you a new one cant you just grind it down or better yet... file it down into something usable ?

Ive taken a lot of screwdrivers over the years and took meat off the end..... just filed the end down... to make the tip a bit wider.

A little time and patience.. and a file and vise.
    Most Klein screwdrivers have that hardened tip (different color than the other meat around it). That hardened metal just chips when you try to grind it, no difference if you tried to file it. Regular screwdrivers without the hardened tip....no problem. I will do the same with my 1/4" and 5/16" nut drivers that get stripped out, just take some meat off the end and back in business.

Post Likes
    I got away from Klein tools. Don't like a company that went to China and I lost faith.

I am real happy with Southwire tools.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Post Likes
    I got away from Klein tools. Don't like a company that went to China and I lost faith.

Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joemach View Post

I could not disagree more about the south wire comment. Although klein is not what it was or should be, IMO they are still heads and tails above southwire brand.

Post Likes
    I’ve been using Wera screwdrivers for a couple years now. They are my favorite so far.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    I’ve been using Wera screwdrivers for a couple years now. They are my favorite so far.

Yup. Same here. If you set up an alert for "Wera" on slickdeals.com you can get a set pretty cheap. They are actually cheap right now on amazon at $28. But I've gotten them for $24 before.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The insulated above are actually cheaper than the non insulated below.

https://www.amazon.com/Wera-Kraftfor...TNF4QAN9YTNKS3
    [B][SIZE=2] CENTER]I no longer identify as a conspiracy theorist. You may now refer to me as “That guy that was always right”.

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    I’ve got quite a few new Klein tools but they definitely aren’t what they once were. When my truck burned I lost most of my old Klein stuff that was made to last. Same with Fluke stuff, it’s just not what it used to be like everything else. America is a throw away society, I’m still hopeful that “made in America” will come back. Then the problem will be that the American manufacturing worker ain’t what they used to be.

German tools are very much like what “made in America” used to be.

Post Likes

Doyle crimps

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Yup. Same here. If you set up an alert for "Wera" on slickdeals.com you can get a set pretty cheap. They are actually cheap right now on amazon at $28. But I've gotten them for $24 before.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The insulated above are actually cheaper than the non insulated below.

https://www.amazon.com/Wera-Kraftfor...TNF4QAN9YTNKS3
    Check out chadstoolbox.com see how his prices compare. That’s where I’ve bought mine.

https://chadstoolbox.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    Check out chadstoolbox.com see how his prices compare. That’s where I’ve bought mine.

https://chadstoolbox.com/

Thanks, buddy. Prices and selection look good. That website is now in my bookmarks.
    [B][SIZE=2] CENTER]I no longer identify as a conspiracy theorist. You may now refer to me as “That guy that was always right”.

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

16. Likes 270wsm liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Another suggestion: Remember the "flag" style crimp-on connectors? Where the crimped wire will come out the side, presumably for cramped quarters or terminal ends just a little too close to the control panel or compressor cover, or to make the wiring better fitting inside a full control panel.
    Just grind off the "cutter" end of the doyle and you will have a good crimper for the flags at a reasonable price that also will not crush the female spade as you crimp. Been using one for years.
    Regards All,
    Ron

18. Likes 270wsm liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Yep, had the same issue with a demolition screwdriver that Klein made. was all excited about it, cause it was supposed to be designed to be used like a chisel. First time I hit the back with a hammer the tip bent.

went out and bought a full set of Milwaukee screwdrivers for the price of 2 Kleins, and they are holding up very well.
    I had the same screw driver. I got to use it one time. It literally didn’t even undo its first screw that I tried to undo with it before the tip snapped off.

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Picked up these at harbor freight yesterday for fidteen nidety nine yesterday. Says they have a 100% lifetime guarantee. Don’t believe kleins offer that for about x2 the price.

Doyle on the left, kleins on the right.

I just picked up a new set of Klein crimpers like you show (but now they also have a wire stripper incorporated below the pivot point. The problem with them though is that the tips don’t touch. Can’t even cut a tie strap all the way through unless you set it right at the back of the cutting jaw.

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    i have Klein screwdrivers and pliers, i like them a lot and never had any issues
    German tools are well made too but way to expensive.
    bought some red brand and yellow black brand, not even close in quality to Klein
    i will keep buying Klein since they are very good tools

Post Likes
    Just happen to read this thread a bit late.
    I had to buy a new set of crimps and bout the new Klein forged crimps and I must have got a good set, they are my daily drivers. BUT, I have three or four pairs of Klein Romex strippers that pretty much suck, and I won't be buying any more of them. Yes, their quality has deminished quiet a bit, and I buy a lot of "other" tools now, such a shame. As with most things, they make some good tools, some bad. Hey, wait, that sounds like HF.... Can't believe I said that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in