Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    I wish they would put some iso pad under the air handlers around these parts. Would make it much easier to get the doors off and on. Have yet to see it done though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes chrisevansac liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    I wish they would put some iso pad under the air handlers around these parts. Would make it much easier to get the doors off and on. Have yet to see it done though...

If you run the strut long ways like he is saying the doors don’t hit anyways but I like the iso pads to get the air handler up so you can at least seal the return without the strut being flat up against the plenum

Post Likes
    Seal the return? If you seal the return, where is the fresh air going to come from?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisevansac View Post
    If you run the strut long ways like he is saying the doors don’t hit anyways but I like the iso pads to get the air handler up so you can at least seal the return without the strut being flat up against the plenum

If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

5. Likes chrisevansac liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Seal the return? If you seal the return, where is the fresh air going to come from?
    Lol.. right..

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

7. Likes chrisevansac liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lions_lair View Post
    Lol.. right..

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

9. Likes chrisevansac liked this post
    Post Likes
    Very nice, a lot of care went into that install.👍👍
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

Post Likes
    Do you not worry that the nylon strapping will stretch over time? I fix a lot of duct work because the trunk was supported with nylon strapping.. great install though, there’s only a few of us in my area that would’ve approached it the same way.

12. Likes chrisevansac liked this post
    Post Likes
    i do good old fashond Tin duct work i will fix any existing duct work but on a new job or if i can i replace flex duct with real ducting as i call it

14. Likes chrisevansac, Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by UrAverageAguy View Post
    Do you not worry that the nylon strapping will stretch over time? I fix a lot of duct work because the trunk was supported with nylon strapping.. great install though, there’s only a few of us in my area that would’ve approached it the same way.

Yes I do worry about that so we at the very minimum triple fold the nylon with two screws this is a preventive maintenance customer so we shall see I only have a couple jobs out there with nylon straps supporting metal dduct

Post Likes
    Can't get away with nylon strap on anything metal here. Would fail inspection immediately. Has to be minimum 1" metal strap. Come to think of it I would think Smacna rules would prohibit what youve done.

17. Likes chrisevansac liked this post
    Post Likes

Talking

i wont use anything BUT metal straps on my work.
    I dont like the nylon straps.
    For temp support if iam out of metal strapping MABY until i go back with the proper metal strapping

19. Likes chrisevansac liked this post
    Post Likes
    I like it when we wrap the duct first. Webbing seems to feel better against the insulation. Time will tell and if need be I will replace at no cost to the HO as long as I’m alive

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Why is it even called sauce? Is it ever used As a Sauce on anything. I used to find it in my refrigerator sometimes and eat it out of the jar. I always wonder why anyone had bought it - what was it's purpose?

I have since given up on eating apple sauce - it just seems pointless to me. What is it really good for? My Life is already pretty complicated as it is - I can't be just willy-nilly loading it up with arbitrary food products.

PHM
    -----------
    You eat pork chops without applesauce, sacrilege! You are forgiven if you don't eat pork.

I have some homemade applesauce everyday. Gets a serving of fruit done. Last year the trees were bare so we had to borrow apples.

Chrisevansac that is a nice install.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast