Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Not billg but sure cleared the attic out

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,708
    Post Likes
    nice work but the condensade drain pipeing could use some support other then that looks grate

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    2,846
    Post Likes
    Looks great but I have one huge criticism. You have your unistrut backwards. Run your underneath perpendicular and the ones on top parallel. This will ensure the cabinet wont sag over time.

  3. Likes captube, chrisevansac, lions_lair liked this post.
  4. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    838
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter

    Not billg but sure cleared the attic out

    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Looks great but I have one huge criticism. You have your unistrut backwards. Run your underneath perpendicular and the ones on top parallel. This will ensure the cabinet wont sag over time.
    I knew you would say that. I saw your post on the other thread. Only reason I don’t is the stinkin screws in the furnace always gets in the way. When I do air handler is I always do like you said


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    2,846
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisevansac View Post
    I knew you would say that. I saw your post on the other thread. Only reason I don’t is the stinkin screws in the furnace always gets in the way. When I do air handler is I always do like you said


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You mean hitting the strut? Slide some iso-pads in there. You won't win this argument as I have hung a 100 furnaces and a 100 air handlers this way with no issues. Nice try though, ha ha. Like I said, good work but that would've been the cherry on top.

  6. Likes chrisevansac liked this post.
  7. #25
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,485
    Post Likes
    Someone in those photo's has a very fat wallet.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  8. Likes chrisevansac liked this post.
  9. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    838
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    You mean hitting the strut? Slide some iso-pads in there. You won't win this argument as I have hung a 100 furnaces and a 100 air handlers this way with no issues. Nice try though, ha ha. Like I said, good work but that would've been the cherry on top.
    Good point. Next time I hang one I shall Do that and call it the albert pujols method. Lol that’s what I say in my head when I see your username. Thanks for the tip all joking aside.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    columbus, OH
    Posts
    7,049
    Post Likes
    I wish they would put some iso pad under the air handlers around these parts. Would make it much easier to get the doors off and on. Have yet to see it done though...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. Likes chrisevansac liked this post.
  12. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    838
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    I wish they would put some iso pad under the air handlers around these parts. Would make it much easier to get the doors off and on. Have yet to see it done though...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you run the strut long ways like he is saying the doors don’t hit anyways but I like the iso pads to get the air handler up so you can at least seal the return without the strut being flat up against the plenum


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #29
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,485
    Post Likes
    Seal the return? If you seal the return, where is the fresh air going to come from?


    Quote Originally Posted by chrisevansac View Post
    If you run the strut long ways like he is saying the doors don’t hit anyways but I like the iso pads to get the air handler up so you can at least seal the return without the strut being flat up against the plenum


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  14. Likes chrisevansac liked this post.
  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Living rent free
    Posts
    6,392
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Seal the return? If you seal the return, where is the fresh air going to come from?
    Lol.. right..

    Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

    All those who wander..are not lost.

    Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

    The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

  16. Likes chrisevansac liked this post.
  17. #31
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,485
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lions_lair View Post
    Lol.. right..

    Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  18. Likes chrisevansac liked this post.
  19. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Caledonia WI
    Posts
    1,940
    Post Likes
    Very nice, a lot of care went into that install.👍👍
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

  20. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    141
    Post Likes
    Do you not worry that the nylon strapping will stretch over time? I fix a lot of duct work because the trunk was supported with nylon strapping.. great install though, there’s only a few of us in my area that would’ve approached it the same way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. Likes chrisevansac liked this post.
  22. #34
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,708
    Post Likes
    i do good old fashond Tin duct work i will fix any existing duct work but on a new job or if i can i replace flex duct with real ducting as i call it

  23. Likes chrisevansac, Core_d liked this post.
  24. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    838
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by UrAverageAguy View Post
    Do you not worry that the nylon strapping will stretch over time? I fix a lot of duct work because the trunk was supported with nylon strapping.. great install though, there’s only a few of us in my area that would’ve approached it the same way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I do worry about that so we at the very minimum triple fold the nylon with two screws this is a preventive maintenance customer so we shall see I only have a couple jobs out there with nylon straps supporting metal dduct


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    2,846
    Post Likes
    Can't get away with nylon strap on anything metal here. Would fail inspection immediately. Has to be minimum 1" metal strap. Come to think of it I would think Smacna rules would prohibit what youve done.

  26. Likes chrisevansac liked this post.
  27. #37
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,708
    Post Likes

    Talking

    i wont use anything BUT metal straps on my work.
    I dont like the nylon straps.
    For temp support if iam out of metal strapping MABY until i go back with the proper metal strapping

  28. Likes chrisevansac liked this post.
  29. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    838
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    I like it when we wrap the duct first. Webbing seems to feel better against the insulation. Time will tell and if need be I will replace at no cost to the HO as long as I’m alive


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    60
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Why is it even called sauce? Is it ever used As a Sauce on anything. I used to find it in my refrigerator sometimes and eat it out of the jar. I always wonder why anyone had bought it - what was it's purpose?

    I have since given up on eating apple sauce - it just seems pointless to me. What is it really good for? My Life is already pretty complicated as it is - I can't be just willy-nilly loading it up with arbitrary food products.

    PHM
    -----------
    You eat pork chops without applesauce, sacrilege! You are forgiven if you don't eat pork.

    I have some homemade applesauce everyday. Gets a serving of fruit done. Last year the trees were bare so we had to borrow apples.


    Chrisevansac that is a nice install.

  31. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    NW Louisiana
    Posts
    327
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    I wish they would put some iso pad under the air handlers around these parts. Would make it much easier to get the doors off and on. Have yet to see it done though...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think I am the only one around here that actually buys iso pad, its fun to watch the parts house guys and gal's faces when I pick up the entire flat of 81(9X9) I use it on just about everything and anything to include tabletop equipment in a restaurant to keep it from sliding off the stainless and killing someone or crushing a foot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •