Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Java Web Start

Post Likes

Java Web Start

I have a site with 20 WEBS-600 Jaces and a Supervisor at 3.8.111. The customer can no longer access his system with Firefox. He said his Firefox did an update and after that it stopped working. I rolled him back and keep getting this error: "could not connect to fox server. Check that fox and web TLS settings match or try connecting using https"

The settings do match and I am using https. Any ideas? TIA

Post Likes
    IF web start doesn't work I'm thinking that's a java issue, not the browser. Get them on the latest AX 3.8 for a start.

Also relevant https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...nsing-concerns

and https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...for-the-future

Post Likes
    Thanks Scott. I think I'll be recommending N4.

Post Likes
    N4 on a jace 6 is a trial of patience, it's a bit slow.

Post Likes
    This goes against all security recomendations, but if you are on a closed network and there is no way of getting on the internet, then try disabling the FOXS port and only running the stations in FOX. Its worth a try even to see if it solves your problem temporarily.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    N4 on a jace 6 is a trial of patience, it's a bit slow.

If the customer is accessing the system via the supervisor, just need N4 on the supervisor, no need for the timely and costly updates for the JACEs.

Post Likes
    Yes thanks Tridium for kicking the Java issues down the road for years. I fought my first Java issue after an upgrade to version 9 java was done to the machine last week. I uninstalled it, and rolled everything back to a version 8 and every time I launched web start I was either prompted the upgrade garbage or sent to the oracle web page. This machine lucky is the customers only access point, and has WB on it so that's what I have them currently using. It boggles my mind how irresponsible Tridium has been in coming up with their own solution to this! JCI fixed this issue years ago with the launcher tool used for their metasys line. I know HTML5 and N4 is the key talking point about moving forward, but changing a existing AX site to a HX profile produces a steaming pile of pooh and telling a customer they need a complete upgrade and graphics redone on a 4 year old system goes over like a fart in church. N4 tags, templates, hierarchies, all ok stuff but I would've much more appreciated any attempt at HTML5 development instead. I have heard rumors that Tridium is working on their own solution to the latest java debacle, anybody know if that's true? Or is it just another band-aid that T-box contractors will have to deal with at some point when it's broke? Or is it move forward to N4 and that's the solution? Maybe a calculated way of bending you over for the SMA garbage?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    Yes thanks Tridium for kicking the Java issues down the road for years. I fought my first Java issue after an upgrade to version 9 java was done to the machine last week. I uninstalled it, and rolled everything back to a version 8 and every time I launched web start I was either prompted the upgrade garbage or sent to the oracle web page. This machine lucky is the customers only access point, and has WB on it so that's what I have them currently using. It boggles my mind how irresponsible Tridium has been in coming up with their own solution to this! JCI fixed this issue years ago with the launcher tool used for their metasys line. I know HTML5 and N4 is the key talking point about moving forward, but changing a existing AX site to a HX profile produces a steaming pile of pooh and telling a customer they need a complete upgrade and graphics redone on a 4 year old system goes over like a fart in church. N4 tags, templates, hierarchies, all ok stuff but I would've much more appreciated any attempt at HTML5 development instead. I have heard rumors that Tridium is working on their own solution to the latest java debacle, anybody know if that's true? Or is it just another band-aid that T-box contractors will have to deal with at some point when it's broke? Or is it move forward to N4 and that's the solution? Maybe a calculated way of bending you over for the SMA garbage?
    As someone who farts in church A LOT, I agree wholeheartedly! Hey, they are called pews!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    Maybe a calculated way of bending you over for the SMA garbage?
    drum roll,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    As someone who farts in church A LOT, I agree wholeheartedly! Hey, they are called pews!
    I will take your word for it! LOL.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    drum roll,
    Always better to charge you more for something less! It makes sense if you don't think about it.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Has anyone got this Web Launcher to work on a Mac? Only downloads I see are Windows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast