Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Bent evap is a big problem due to water issues. The new evap design might cure that.
    I’m not happy with the now bin Control set up.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Why? Unless you lease them I love it. I can always count on engineers to keep me employed

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Why? Unless you lease them I love it. I can always count on engineers to keep me employed
    True

Very True!

Post Likes
    I've bought a (Manitowoc IDF-1400C) and it works well. I just clean the evaporator from time to time (when I get to remember about its existence).
    Last edited by Dad; 07-01-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Post Likes
    That stuff never worked.......probably a dirty evaporator, or plugged water distributor tunes or poor water flow. I would clean the evaporator wand check the other items mentioned. I would also grab the tubing going into each evaporator while machine is warm and off and see if you have a tubing separation. If they are loose, then the evaps are shot. Poor heat transfer in harvest, but the machine will make ice as usual

Tim Parsons

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TPARSONS64 View Post
    That stuff never worked.......probably a dirty evaporator, or plugged water distributor tunes or poor water flow. I would clean the evaporator wand check the other items mentioned. I would also grab the tubing going into each evaporator while machine is warm and off and see if you have a tubing separation. If they are loose, then the evaps are shot. Poor heat transfer in harvest, but the machine will make ice as usual

Tim Parsons
    I just ran into this on a mani-very true- no problem making ice but always left a patch in harvest. A VERY close eye on the plates showed a minor but enough degree of unevenness. Although I’m not sure what you meant by “wand check”

Post Likes
    Not to stray off track since I know this started on Hoshizakis but one neat trick an old timer taught me like on plate manis run the back of your finger across the plates horizontally and should be an even pitch all the way across like a piano- that was just the analogy- I’m no pianist but id say if piano is even pitched across it somethings wrong with the piano- anyways you get what I’m saying- lightly dragging fingernail across should be even all the way across- any “flat notes” = plates warped. Was a good lesson.

Post Likes
    I never heard that........thank you!

Tim Parsons

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123