Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by camp175 View Post
    Anyoe ever have any luck with silicon spray if ice isnt always falling off properly
    Just Say No, to all of the "bandaid release agents", such as pam, silicone etc. What is the model number please?

Post Likes
    Did they spray with a side-to-side motion keeping the can 6-10” away from the grid? If so, nope still not a good idea

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Phmteck View Post
    Have run into many problems with improper water flow issues.

Maybe try PAM.
    Sorry couldn’t resist.
    X2 and X3
    We use the special food grade butter round hereya. Never ever margerine though. That would be bad.

Post Likes
    Seriously though lack of water flow a1 culprit for ice clog between plates especially on hoshis

Post Likes
    Silicone spray will work, if the evaporator is not too bad.First make sure the evaporator is clean, good water flow, proper harvest, proper freon charge.It takes more freon to harvest, than to make ice.Freon charge must be correct.If the machine is clean and operating properly, but the plates are worn, spray will help, but you will have to spray it every few days.,It is a temporary fix!!!Fix the real problem!!!If plates are real worn .spray won't help.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_b View Post
    Good information
    Truth Hurts!

Post Likes
    Hoshizaki is a global leader in the design, manufacturing, and marketing of equipment for the foodservice industry, including: Ice Machines & Refrigeration.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jackfowler View Post
    Hoshizaki is a global leader in the design, manufacturing, and marketing of equipment for the foodservice industry, including: Ice Machines & Refrigeration.
    If you say so!

Post Likes
    I have been to the Hoshizaki school and factory school where the ice machines are made for the American market in Peachier City ,Ga.Very good class and interesting tour of the plant .!!!

Post Likes
    stainless steel evaporator on hoshizakis . nothing to flake off , you can use lime away to clean. Definitely a lack of water volume during harvest will slow the process down . Also distorted evaporator or loose plates on the copper pipe will also do it

Post Likes
    I think hoshis are the best ice machines out there, true the plates will separate,but have not seen any separate ,that were not 15 years old or more.There is no perfect machine,I'm not happy with some of their new parts.I bought a new q=water valve for a newer model hoshizaki.Made cheaper than the original .I hope they don't start doing like manitowoc!!!!Cheaper parts!!They will end up in the same boat as Manitowoc and the Scottsman prodigy.JUNK!!!!

Post Likes
    Plate separation will prevent ice formation in the first place, there won't be ice in those areas that will require harvesting. Get the scale off the channels, check water supply pressure, replace filter, clean water distribution tube (small spray bar). I would replace the inlet water valve, the rubber in there gets hard after a while and may not be fully opening.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Bent evap is a big problem due to water issues. The new evap design might cure that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast