Thread: SP Measurement

Post Likes

SP Measurement

I bought the analog Alnor 6000 kit in 83, had a lot of confidence in their "Suction Cup" attachment.

When I left the instrument on a job a few years ago and it disappeared, I bought the digital Fieldpiece SDMN5 to replace it, I began using a pitot type with no hole in the tip, haven't had a lot of confidence in the measurements.

So I Googled for a suction cup attachment couldn't find one, and even tried to make one with no luck.

Please let me know if there is device that'll work with the Fieldpiece, OR IF YOU'D LIKE TO BUY A BUNCH OF SUCTION CUPS WITH HOLES IN THEM.

Thanks Much!

Post Likes
    If I’m picturing what your trying to do correctly,what about earth magnets with a hole in them like the asp2 but put a pitot tube in them instead of a static probe.
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Thanks for helping CC!

https://www.google.com/search?q=alno...ubyDaMOKYUjYM:

FWIW: I love your aviatar guy AND Cajun food!
    Last edited by ferd1942; 02-23-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Post Likes
    CAUTION: Do not shoot that thing at fibrous glass ductwork, the EPA will be all over you.

There's gotta be someone in a US office somewhere who can hook you with another country's government who has the ability to remove the entire neighborhood quickly at no cost, by just dissing them.

Post Likes
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    I'm not a fan of the suction cup. The pressure in a duct is called static pressure for convenience but the pressure is actually dynamic. The purpose of the "static pitot tube" is an attempt to obtain the best measurable average pressure in the duct possible with one reading. If you pitot traverse multiple ducts and plot the velocity profiles you will see why measured "static" pressures are considered approximate. You will also probably conclude that suction cup measurements are less accurate than static pitot measurements.
    So much for the theory of it all as long as you remember measured statics are approximate no harm no foul because you weigh them against all data collected and draw your conclusions using all data collected. The main conclusion you will come to is static pressure measurements suck no matter how you take them.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson