Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    South Brunswick, NJ
    Posts
    85
    Post Likes

    Cool Its all about the dehum!

    indoor pool dehumidification at its finest!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    mechanical room
    Posts
    1,790
    Post Likes
    seresco ? nice unit but man they cram alot in the heat exchanger section

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    South Brunswick, NJ
    Posts
    85
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by coolerinfrederick View Post
    seresco ? nice unit but man they cram alot in the heat exchanger section
    smaller ones yes, bigger ones not so much. that one is a 60 ton NP (protocol) series. the gas fired burner heatexchanger and burner compartment is wide open, essentially an insert. this one here is a NE (classic) series. if your talking about the plate heat exhanger for the glycol loop thats also very accessible. really it comes down to how much room you have (each are built to order). all the doors on the 60 ton are walk in. the returns come with a grill to walk on inside. the smaller 20 ton NE is tighter but can still fit inside and im definitely not small. love the protocol, believe it or not less refrigerant in the 60 ton.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    mechanical room
    Posts
    1,790
    Post Likes
    your right, the newer ones are much better with the plate frames, the one i was refering to are the ones with coaxial coils, each circuit had 2 heat exchangers, 1 for the pool and 1 for the dry cooler, i remember cusing about it because all the hose clamps came loose, i think i had to drop the control panel to get to a couple of them but it was such a pita, but i do miss working on them, do you guys rep. them ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    South Brunswick, NJ
    Posts
    85
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by coolerinfrederick View Post
    your right, the newer ones are much better with the plate frames, the one i was refering to are the ones with coaxial coils, each circuit had 2 heat exchangers, 1 for the pool and 1 for the dry cooler, i remember cusing about it because all the hose clamps came loose, i think i had to drop the control panel to get to a couple of them but it was such a pita, but i do miss working on them, do you guys rep. them ?
    Yes we do. We have multiple guys including myself factory and field certified by Dehumidified air solutions which Is the company that bought seresco, dectron and poolpak. We install and service them for ourselves but also get referenced by and do warranty work for them. Have you used websentry at all? Total game changer. Also what got them more room in that compartment is the use of the horizontal receivers. Now they're stacked between the coaxial coils and the plates.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Posts
    10,643
    Post Likes
    It’ll be interesting how everything plays out with the 3 big names under one umbrella company. I think it was said that each would be allowed to continue as it was in their respective markets.
    I have to contact them. My PoolPak certification is expired and I’d like to get renewed.
    Hopefully PoolPak can learn a little bit from Seresco. I wasn’t hugely impressed with the MPK packaged equipment. Oddly enough, for a unit completely put together in a sterile factory environment, I had a lot of issues with water leaking in through the cabinet. Door gaskets and panel seams were the cause.
    I used to take care of that old Sears in New Brunswick. Not sure if it’s still there but they got new boilers and hydronic coils just a few years ago.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

    “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

    "In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

    Local 486

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    South Brunswick, NJ
    Posts
    85
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    It’ll be interesting how everything plays out with the 3 big names under one umbrella company. I think it was said that each would be allowed to continue as it was in their respective markets.
    I have to contact them. My PoolPak certification is expired and I’d like to get renewed.
    Hopefully PoolPak can learn a little bit from Seresco. I wasn’t hugely impressed with the MPK packaged equipment. Oddly enough, for a unit completely put together in a sterile factory environment, I had a lot of issues with water leaking in through the cabinet. Door gaskets and panel seams were the cause.
    I used to take care of that old Sears in New Brunswick. Not sure if it’s still there but they got new boilers and hydronic coils just a few years ago.
    They're still technically operating separately but if you call them for support it's all the same people and the factory reps that come out are all the same as well. Not sure about poolpak but i know the new dectrons are basically serescos with a different sticker, they even use serescos websentry.

    Also their certifications will be available online soon. So you won't have to fly to Canada anymore. I was certified by seresco but all the certifications carry over

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Posts
    10,643
    Post Likes
    That will be nice. I was never Seresco certified, just PoolPak. They held their local training in York, PA near the factory. In a big hotel/resort.
    Any idea where it’s held now?
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

    “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

    "In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

    Local 486

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    South Brunswick, NJ
    Posts
    85
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    That will be nice. I was never Seresco certified, just PoolPak. They held their local training in York, PA near the factory. In a big hotel/resort.
    Any idea where it’s held now?
    No unfortunately i don't know much about poolpak themselves except working on the machines. But i don't think DAS is doing anymore training at their facilities. I know we just sent a guy to Ottawa for serescos last training at their facility. Supposedly it'll all be online which imo is retarded.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    South Brunswick, NJ
    Posts
    85
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    found the exhaust fan bearings screaming on this Dry-o-tron yesterday
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    South Brunswick, NJ
    Posts
    85
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    fan wall on a 140 ton seresco protocol!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Posts
    10,643
    Post Likes
    That fan wall is a good bit like the MPK setup.
    Some conventional JCI equipment is using a similar setup as well with the Solutions line.
    What controller does Seresco use? Carell?
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

    “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

    "In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

    Local 486

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    South Brunswick, NJ
    Posts
    85
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    That fan wall is a good bit like the MPK setup.
    Some conventional JCI equipment is using a similar setup as well with the Solutions line.
    What controller does Seresco use? Carell?
    Nope they have their own.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •