Post Likes

Google put microphones in . . .

Google put microphones in their nest thermostats. They said it was not a secret, although it was never disclosed anywhere or to anyone. Had a customer some time ago who tried to convince me how wonderful they were, I wonder if he still thinks the same?
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    A radio host was talking about this yesterday. He claims that he has had conversations and when he looked at his phone later there were ads for what they were talking about. There was also a deal a while back about some TV's that "listen" and also have a camera that can be hacked.

Post Likes
    I put tape over the camera on my home computer. Could not find a microphone, not sure if there is one there. I they can listen to me and possibly watch me through my smarty phone.

This whole Internet of Things is a bit more than I want to have in my home.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    A radio host was talking about this yesterday. He claims that he has had conversations and when he looked at his phone later there were ads for what they were talking about. There was also a deal a while back about some TV's that "listen" and also have a camera that can be hacked.
    Yup, the same thing happened with my wife last week. She finished a conversation with a friend on her iphone and less than two hours later she began to get advertisments for the very items they were discussing. Clearly, they were being monitored.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Post Likes
    this is not surprising , I would bet that key words trigger the right authorities and feds are all over this.
    Sent from the van with the a/c on.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Yup, the same thing happened with my wife last week. She finished a conversation with a friend on her iphone and less than two hours later she began to get advertisments for the very items they were discussing. Clearly, they were being monitored.
    This was not a conversation on a phone, this was a group sitting in like a Family room just talking. I am not sure but what I understood was the phone may have been on the table in the room, but not in use, just sitting.

Post Likes
    The world's a changing, that's for sure.

Us old farts have concerns. But the kids are growing up with this stuff, so it is normal for them.