Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Do you have a 5G device???
    Did not know they were out yet.

On the subject of ATT...
    Friday afternoon, went by my home to pick up a few supplies for the job I am on...
    Saw someone marking the streets and front yards for utilities locations.
    So I stopped and asked him what he was doing... were we getting new gas lines, new water lines, etc???
    He said he was marking the N/gas lines... because ATT is gonna come into the subdivision and bury fiber.

YEAH!!!

I detest Comcast... I am more than ready for ATT to put fiber into the neighborhood and I can leave Comcast!
    Yeah, I have one of the newer Samsung phones, and it just did a major update that enabled 5G.

Regarding Comcast...I had a terrible time with their installers at home, but the product is good. I have 100 meg, and it's been rock solid.

AT work I have Comcast Business Class. Their people are far better than the resi bunch, and the service there has also been extremely good.

Post Likes
    When I moved... the new house did not have a solid enough connection to support ATT Uverse... so I switched to Comcast.

The previous month... Comcast had run new wire in the subdivision... one would think that would have worked better... NOT SO!

At my old home... other than power failures... ATT was down a total of 4 times... in 12 years... that is an average of once every 3 years!
    At the new home... Comcast goes down ever few days. Sometimes for 20 minutes, sometimes for hours.
    In fairness... in the last few weeks, it is getting better... only one to two times a week...

Still though... ATT, running over 40+ year old buried copper wires... could manage one outage every 3 years... and Comcast cannot manage to even keep it up for a full week... on new wires???

The difference is... Comcast does the least necessary to get something barely working again...
    While ATT usually actually repairs it!

The guy marking lines... said it probably would be 2-3 weeks before the crews were in the neighborhood actually burying fiber...
    Honestly... it cannot come a day too soon for me.

Back on the phone thing... I suspect 5G in residential areas like my area... may be a year or so away.
    Probably will not buy a 5G phone for a while...

One positive thing... when 5G finally arrives... lots of folks will have to have the latest/greatest...
    So 4G saturation may settle down a bit... more bandwidth for us folks who wait for a while to switch.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettinvr6sc View Post
    Just my opinion, most studies are on the fence whether it's good or bad for you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Wireless Industry Confesses: "No Studies Show 5G is Safe"
    Posted on:
    Monday, February 18th 2019 at 12:30 pm
    Posted By:
    GMI Reporter

Originally published on www.takebackyourpower.net

Last week, U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal grilled wireless industry representatives, who admitted the industry has done ZERO health & safety studies on 5G technology. Meanwhile, dozens of independent studies indicates that 5G is a risk to all biological life. Watch the video above, on YouTube here, or on Facebook here

[WASHINGTON, DC]— During today’s Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee hearing on the future of 5G wireless technology and their impact on the American people and economy, U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) raised concerns with the lack of any scientific research and data on the technology’s potential health risks.

Blumenthal blasted the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)—government agencies jointly-responsible for ensuring that cellphone technologies are safe to use—for failing to conduct any research into the safety of 5G technology, and instead, engaging in bureaucratic finger-pointing and deferring to industry.

In December 2018, Blumenthal and U.S. Representative Anna G. Eshoo (CA-18) sent a letter to FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr seeking answers regarding potential health risks posed by new 5G wireless technology. At today’s hearing, Blumenthal criticized Carr for failing to provide answers, and instead, just echoing, “the general statements of the FDA, which shares regulatory responsibility for cell phones with the FCC.” Blumenthal also decried the FDA’s statements as “pretty unsatisfactory.” A PDF of Carr’s complete response is available here.

During an exchange with wireless industry representatives, Blumenthal asked them whether they have supported research on the safety of 5G technology and potential links between radiofrequency and cancer, and the industry representatives conceded they have not.

Blumenthal stated:

If you go to the FDA website, there basically is a cursory and superficial citation to existing scientific data saying ‘The FDA has urged the cell phone industry to take a number of steps, including support additional research on possible biological effects of radio frequency fields for the type of signals emitted by cell phones.’ I believe that Americans deserve to know what the health effects are, not to pre-judge what scientific studies may show, and they also deserve a commitment to do the research on outstanding questions.”

“So my question for you: How much money has the industry committed to supporting additional independent research—I stress independent—research? Is that independent research ongoing? Has any been completed? Where can consumers look for it? And we’re talking about research on the biological effects of this new technology.”

At the end of the exchange, Blumenthal concluded,

So there really is no research ongoing. We’re kind of flying blind here, as far as health and safety is concerned.”

In November 2018, the National Toxicology Program released the final results of the longest and most expensive study to date on cellphones and cancer. Those studies found “some evidence” of a link to cancer, at least in male rats. However, the study only focused on the risks associated with 2G and 3G cell phones.

The latest 5G wireless technology relies on the deployment of many more new antennas and transmitters that are clustered lower to the ground and closer to homes and schools. There has been even more limited research with respect to the health ramifications of 5G technology, and the FCC has thus far failed to adequately explain how they have determined 5G is safe.

Additional Notes

Senator Blumenthal is speaking to industry witnesses in the Senate hearing video:

Mr. Brad Gillen, Vice President, CTIA
    Mr. Steve Berry, President and CEO, Competitive Carriers Association
    Mr. Shailen Bhatt, President and CEO, Intelligent Transportation Society of America
    Mr. Michael Wessel, Commissioner, U.S.-China Economic & Security Review Commission
    Ms. Kim Zentz, Chief Executive Officer, Urbanova

Letter from Blumenthal and Eshoo to FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr asking about the Safety of 5G

Response from FCC Commissioner Carr to Blumenthal on 5G

Resources from December Blumenthal Press Conference

Comments by: B. Blake Levitt, Communications Director, The BerkshireLitchfield Environmental Council, Invited Guest by U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal

Blake Levitt 5G Information Sites for Media

Video of Blumenthal Press Conference, 12/3/18, Legislative Office Building, Hartford, CT, Room 1B, 11:00 AM.

Connecticut Post “Blumenthal Urges Cancer Study of 5G Technology” 12/3/ 2018

WFSB3 News Video: Lawmakers raise concerns over 5G technology

News WTNH 8 “Senator Blumenthal pushes to investigate link between 5G wireless tech and cancer”

Resources on 5G and Health:

Facts On 5G: What You Need To Know About 5G Wireless And “Small” Cells

Resources to Take Action on 5G

Scientific Evidence

EHTrust: Scientific Research on 5G, Small Cells and Health

Dr. Martin Pall’s free e-book: “5G: Compelling Evidence for Eight Distinct Types of Great Harm Caused by Electromagnetic Field (EMF) Exposures and the Mechanism that Causes Them” (PDF, 90 pages)

Dr. Joel Moskowitz: “5G Wireless Technology: Cutting Through the Hype”

Electric Sense: “5G Radiation Dangers – 11 Reasons To Be Concerned”

Health resources summary from WhatIs5G.info

Health resources summary from TelecomPowerGrab.com

EMF interview by Luke Storey: Dr. Jack Kruse

SaferEMR: Summary 400 new EMF scientific studies, Aug 2016 to present(EMF in general)

Research from Magda Havas

News from Clear Light Ventures

Articles from BN Frank at ActivistPost"

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/wir...eid=1d225e398c
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    When I moved... the new house did not have a solid enough connection to support ATT Uverse... so I switched to Comcast.

The previous month... Comcast had run new wire in the subdivision... one would think that would have worked better... NOT SO!

At my old home... other than power failures... ATT was down a total of 4 times... in 12 years... that is an average of once every 3 years!
    At the new home... Comcast goes down ever few days. Sometimes for 20 minutes, sometimes for hours.
    In fairness... in the last few weeks, it is getting better... only one to two times a week...

Still though... ATT, running over 40+ year old buried copper wires... could manage one outage every 3 years... and Comcast cannot manage to even keep it up for a full week... on new wires???

The difference is... Comcast does the least necessary to get something barely working again...
    While ATT usually actually repairs it!

The guy marking lines... said it probably would be 2-3 weeks before the crews were in the neighborhood actually burying fiber...
    Honestly... it cannot come a day too soon for me.

Back on the phone thing... I suspect 5G in residential areas like my area... may be a year or so away.
    Probably will not buy a 5G phone for a while...

One positive thing... when 5G finally arrives... lots of folks will have to have the latest/greatest...
    So 4G saturation may settle down a bit... more bandwidth for us folks who wait for a while to switch.
    Uverse has been, for the most part, a failure. They have tried to do broad band, but on old tech wire.

Until you can get fiber, Cable is the best choice.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post
    Uverse has been, for the most part, a failure. They have tried to do broad band, but on old tech wire.

Until you can get fiber, Cable is the best choice.
    Depends on how much bandwidth you want/need...

It worked for me...

The BIG thing...

Why should I have my internet service working when it feels like it... and go down when I needed it???
    Rather than all the time!

The excess speed... which I did not use... is not worth having the internet go down all the time...
    Just my opinion...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Century link here and it goes down a few days a week... usually late afternoon lasting into the evening.

Charter was worse...
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    SMARTER...FASTER...but less reliable....

Just how things are today...
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Looks like China's 5G efforts might be hampered:

Huawei Braces for Phone Sales Drop of Up to 60 Million Overseas
    Huawei Technologies Co. is preparing for a drop in international smartphone shipments of 40 million to 60 million as the Trump administration’s blacklisting hammers one of the Chinese tech giant’s most important businesses.

China’s largest technology company is crunching internal estimates and exploring options including pulling the latest model of its marquee overseas label, the Honor 20, people familiar with the matter say. The device begins selling in parts of Europe June 21 including France and the U.K., but executives are monitoring the launch and may cut off shipments if it sells poorly as expected, they said, asking not to be identified discussing internal matters. Already, two of France’s largest carriers aren’t bothering with the Honor at all, two people familiar with the matter said.

Huawei sales and marketing managers are internally charting a drop in volumes of anywhere between 40 million to 60 million smartphones this year, the people said. That’s a big chunk of an international business that in 2018 accounted for almost half of the 206 million phones it moved. The unusually wide range underscores the uncertainty gripping Huawei, a Chinese national champion that Washington accuses of aiding Beijing in espionage -- something the company has repeatedly denied.

On Monday, billionaire Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei confirmed the company had endured about a 40% drop in smartphone shipments abroad, which a company spokesman said referred to a fall over the past month. Ren expects Washington’s sanctions to curtail its overall revenue by about $30 billion over the coming two years, wiping out the networking giant’s growth. Ren was surprised at the extent to which Washington attacked his corporation, but Huawei will maintain its research budget while refraining from layoffs or major asset sales, he added.

Read the rest:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...artphone-sales
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234