+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Viewing first unread

Post Likes

Viewing first unread

For the past two or maybe three days, when I click on the notification link in my email, it goes to the first unread post, then a split second later, it jumps to the post at the top of that page. I can click on the 'view first unread' and it goes back to the proper post.

Just extra key strokes, but may be indicative of some other problem developing.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Maybe another browser glitch. Does it every single time for me.

For what it is worth, I did log out then back in, didn't make any difference.

Post Likes
    I see this most of the time, it just goes to the top of the page. I figured it was my "puter" being glitchy as it has been driving me nuts for weeks now, slow, not opening/closing programs/pages, not talking with the rest of the network, the list goes on but you get the picture.

Post Likes
    As far as I know... This would only happen if your site cookie is either blocked or old.

The site cookie remembers what post you read last and takes you to the next newest post. If your cookie is missing or old it would take you to the top of the page.

Post Likes
    So now we're blaming computer problems on stale cookies???

Don't know if it matters but I had been using Google Chrome and this AM I have been using Firefox, both doing it.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I'll take a look, I would generally assume this to be a cookie issue. Have you tried deleting your HVAC-Talk cookies, then logging back in to see if the behaviour continues? If not, could you please?

Post Likes
    Robb, I tried that, it did not make a difference. I have now noticed it on 2 different browsers on computer plus my iPhone, if that makes any difference.

Poodle Head Mikey is online now Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    I cleared out all HVAC-Talk Forum cookies.

I still have the 'always goes to the top of the page' issue.

Are there cookies from this website which start with any letter other than H ?
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I cleared out all HVAC-Talk Forum cookies.

I still have the 'always goes to the top of the page' issue.

Are there cookies from this website which start with any letter other than H ?
    Usually just logging out then back in will reset your cookie.

I think Robb is taking a look at this a bit deeper. Give him some time.

Post Likes
    I thought I had one such problem O_o I hope soon there will be clarifications. Not quite clear, problems and side of your resource or our browser?

Post Likes
    Looks like you found the hitch in the giddy up. Thanks Robb!

Quote Originally Posted by Robb M. View Post
    I'll take a look, I would generally assume this to be a cookie issue. Have you tried deleting your HVAC-Talk cookies, then logging back in to see if the behaviour continues? If not, could you please?

Poodle Head Mikey is online now Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    Post Likes
    Yes; I did do this.

Anything which said HVAC in the cookies list on this computer was deleted. This resulted in the site not recognizing me when I logged back in. So I typed in my name and password.

Nonetheless; I still have the same 'always goes to the top of the page' problem.

Are there site cookies by any other name which may be causing me this problem?

PHM
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Robb M. View Post
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    OK; I did nothing since the last time I posted to this thread - but now suddenly the emailed links take me directly to the last unread post - rather than to the top of the page it's on.

What did you do to fix it ?
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in