Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    There is an exception to that rule. The flux capacitor.

To work properly withing its specification, and maintain it's stated accuracy as per the manufacturer, it must remain within five degrees of the upright position. Once in the time warp continuum, it doesn't matter, because as we all know, without time, there is no gravity, therefor no up, down or sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    I got one once that came straight out of the box upside down. The damn manufactures shipped it that way! I guess if they don’t care...

In all seriousness though a capacitor doesn’t care it it’s positioned terminal side up, down, sideways, or any angle in between. They are an electrolytic type capacitor similar to what you see on circuit boards, just bigger, and they have no care in the world how you position them. As you open more units you will find there are many units that position them in through holes in all sorts of positions, or stand clamps, etc... it doesn’t effect them. They care about high temp, higher than rated voltage, and shorted out terminals. Protect them from that and you will get a good life out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    There is an exception to that rule. The flux capacitor.

To work properly withing its specification, and maintain it's stated accuracy as per the manufacturer, it must remain within five degrees of the upright position. Once in the time warp continuum, it doesn't matter, because as we all know, without time, there is no gravity, therefor no up, down or sideways.

Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Like living on the film of a multidimensional bubble where inside the bubble is empty time and empty space. Truth thru coffee.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    I draw a arrow on them so they know which way is up. Nothing is worse than a lost and confused electron.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by servicefitter View Post
    I draw a arrow on them so they know which way is up. Nothing is worse than a lost and confused electron.
    Funny, so that was you?

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by servicefitter View Post
    I always carry spare electrons in my van just in case I need to top up the system a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Like living on the film of a multidimensional bubble where inside the bubble is empty time and empty space. Truth thru coffee.

Coffee Rules!
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Mmmmm . . . Coffee !!

Give me twelve hours and it'll be: Mmmmm . . . Beer !!
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Truth. Once a tech that had a problem as to why transformers kept failing. On the job I asked him if he had shaken the wires so no free electrons were stuck. He said no and so he shook the wires.
    He probably never really thought about what I said but just reacted. I had to smile though. At that shop guys were always pranking each other.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes

Back in 74, during my first week of being a helper on a commercial Job, the foreman told me, with a Very Straight Poker Face, to "go out to the tool shed, & get a bucket of steam."

Part of me knew that they were razzin' me, yet, .... Just out of school, & all I thought, "What if steam in a bucket was something that they hadn't covered?".

I started to the shed, & got about 20 ft. away from him, when one of the crew culdn't hold it any longer, & he busted out laughing, & as I turned around I saw all f the crew grinning, & getting ready to lose it.

I caught the Foremen, using the portolet, & chained it shut, ..... back where it was, there was a backhoe operating, & a couple of bobcats. He was hollering & banging for a good hour, before one of the crew members wanted to know why the portolet was chained up.

Post Likes
    There are some beauties2

Post Likes
    Ive never had any issues with installing them upside down , as long as they are properly strapped up . I have had issues when the cap is not secured properly and shorts out against the side of a cabinet.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    but then I cant read the information!
    Which is why I have been making a point lately of using a marker and writing the cap info on the inside of the service panel on my stuff that I know has the OEM cap in it. It would have saved me a headache last summer on a Saturday trying to figure out what cap it needed when that crap new style markings had worn off.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast