Post Likes

Alto Shaam CTP-10-10G

The F20 position 15 amp fuse blows after 3-5 hours. Is there a common problem that is associated with blowing that fuse? Thanks.

Post Likes
    What voltage is the unit?
    Does it blow in any mode?

F20 protects your cooling fans, power supply board and water solenoids.
    I’m thinking that there’s a short in a cooling fan and when the cooling fan thermostat closes at 120deg it blows the fuse. I’d expect those fans to come on well before you get to that 3-5 hour mark though.

Make sure you have the correct voltage in and out of the PSB.

Post Likes
    Thanks VanMan. I went back today and found the top half of the wall plug was dead and tripped the breaker. I did check out what you suggested and all was fine. I observed all three cooling fans run for a period of time. Solenoids ohmed out fine. Today was the first day the oven had no problems. I wonder if the outlet was causing somekind of voltage spike or fluctuation? It seems more institutions are going with these ovens and are becoming very popular over the Rationals.

4. Likes VanMan812 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EjBreeze View Post
    It seems more institutions are going with these ovens and are becoming very popular over the Rationals.
    In my area, 10-15 yrs ago, 90% of all the combis were Alto-Shaams. Now the lions share is overwhelmingly Rational. I have installed a couple Alto-Shaams recently though. One thing about them... if the combis are spec’d out to be stacked, they’re gonna come stacked. It’s nice because you don’t have to lift one on top of the other and bolt up all the panels and what not. But on the other hand it makes for an extremely heavy appliance to move. Add that they come on a goofy pallet/shipping support thingy and it becomes very difficult to move. I have a system for doing it but it’s still not easy.