Thread: 90 % gas furnace

Post Likes
    5 words. One emoji

Combustion analysis.
    Post your numbers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    Were you able to verify that model number?
    Maybe TUX1D120

I got 60 or 70 feet of 3".

No manual on site?
    Last edited by pacnw; 02-14-2019 at 10:11 PM.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    Maybe TUX1D120

I got 60 or 70 feet of 3".

No manual on site?
    That must be the model number.

If so, I get 60 feet max before you even add any 90º's or 45º's.

Side note: I accidentally email you the manual, which I think you already have.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    Just to recap we have a 92% furnace with twice as much vent length as listed max, no pressure readings, no CA readings, and a 20 year tech.

My diagnosis . . . it's broke.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Just to recap we have a 92% furnace with twice as much vent length as listed max, no pressure readings, no CA readings, and a 20 year tech.

Lets change This, maybe That, get on your phone...……..for what the manual, No answers!!!

Post Likes
    Thanks for all the answers, all good answers and some already been done, it defently starving for air when all connect, when fresh air is disconnect all reading are good. When fresh air is reconnected all falls apart . Going to take heat exchanger apart

It work fine for years started this pass fall

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 86project View Post
    Thanks for all the answers, all good answers and some already been done, it defently starving for air when all connect, when fresh air is disconnect all reading are good. When fresh air is reconnected all falls apart . Going to take heat exchanger apart

Parts changer, not a technician!!!

You have been given the reason, but refuse to believe it.

I'm out.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes

Unbelievable!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes

:eek2

:

Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes

86, can You define "All reading are good", when the "fresh air is disconnect"?

Am I misunderstanding, or, .... Are You saying that this furnace is operating per the Manufacturer's Specifications, when You have the Combustion Air Pipe disconnected prior to it entering this furnace?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    86, can You define "All reading are good", when the "fresh air is disconnect"?

Am I misunderstanding, or, .... Are You saying that this furnace is operating per the Manufacturer's Specifications, when You have the Combustion Air Pipe disconnected prior to it entering this furnace?
    Let him have fun checking the exchanger, changing it THEN coming back here

Post Likes
    I'm trying to figure out, I have never had a test instrument that would give "good" as a reading. It was always in numbers. I may need to look into updating my tools.

13. Likes icy78 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I'm trying to figure out, I have never had a test instrument that would give "good" as a reading. It was always in numbers. I may need to look into updating my tools.
    You do have one that states “Retard” just saying!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Let him have fun checking the exchanger, changing it THEN coming back here

Could this be "The Kux" or whatever his name was, under a different Name?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Supco megger. Good, Caution, Bad....lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thanks for the help, with all the help I am looking at too much length of flue pipe. Look over manual it all points to flue. now why it has worked for fine all the years I can not understand. but i just started working on this unit last fall and i have no history. thank you again

Post Likes
    Actually 86,...

Your Profile doesn't show that You are a Tech, or a Installer.

You are in a Situation, Far over your Head, that could cause harm to life & /or property, if not Properly handled.

Put the Tools Down, ... Back slowly away from this furnace, & Call in someone that is Experienced & Qualified.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the help, with all the help I am looking at too much length of flue pipe. Look over manual it all points to flue. now why it has worked for fine all the years I can not understand. but i just started working on this unit last fall and i have no history. thank you again
    How has it worked? Probably just on the edge. now a little older and it wont!

Bottom line the IOM States 60' Max your at 100. Shorten the vent, Maybe increase the size but follow the IOM first!

Post Likes
    Possible the installer adjusted the .....(cant say here) to make them work. That wouldve been a bad move if it was done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in