Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Only detects gas when unit if firing. Nothing on "fan only" Vacant house. No painters, or chargers.

Post Likes
    REplaced system.. had a chance to tear into the furnace and heat exchanger. No rust and all gromets seem tight. I guess I will never know what happened now.

Post Likes
    Mustg be a link Dangerous!

Post Likes
    Most gas leak detectors are temperature sensitive. They will react to changes in temperature alone.
    captain CO

Post Likes
    Never discount the possibility of a dry "P" trap emitting sewer gas. Remember that natural gas is odorless, except for the odorizer that is added to it, and some sewer gas methane can get real close that smell. I have been fooled before....just sayin.

6. Likes armandomartinez liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lzenglish View Post
    Never discount the possibility of a dry "P" trap emitting sewer gas. Remember that natural gas is odorless, except for the odorizer that is added to it, and some sewer gas methane can get real close that smell. I have been fooled before....just sayin.
    I always check this out, but I didn't consider on a positive pressure system. It had no trap. Too late know I should have checked.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by timjimbob View Post
    I always check this out, but I didn't consider on a positive pressure system. It had no trap. Too late know I should have checked.
    An Attic Air handler with "NO "P" TRAP"? Gee, that's "ODD".....!!!!And just what is a Residential "Positive Pressure System", as opposed to a "Standard Residential System"? Not trying to throw rocks, just offering up more food for thought. Take Care..

Post Likes
    Gas furnace has coil on the "blowing" side of the furnace so drain pressure in not negative. Our inspectors do not require a trap.

Post Likes
    Gas furnace has coil on the "blowing" side of the furnace so drain pressure in not negative. Our inspectors do not require a trap.
    10/4. Thanks, and have a Good Day !

Post Likes
    REplaced system.. had a chance to tear into the furnace and heat exchanger. No rust and all gromets seem tight. I guess I will never know what happened now.
    A combustion analysis can reveal lots of things - from one burner plugged to incorrect manifold pressure resulting in high content of unburned gas in the exhaust.
    A plumber friend called me last year concerning the smell of gas at the PVC termination on a furnace. The LP furnace had never been adjusted and had been overfiring so much that a flammble gas detector reacted at the exhaust. Combustion analysis and adjustment brought everything into spec and eliminated the gas smell at the exhaust.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    that says alot about whoever installed that furance dont it

Post Likes
    Condensate is required to be disposed of in a wet trap or continually primed trap such as a sink drain at the tailpiece. We never put a p trap on a gas furnace system. I would like to hear from an expert on code knowlege but I bet double traps are illegal, including negative pressure system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12