Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    I have both the Milwaukee 18V fuel drill and impact, as well as the Makita ones. Performance wise, they are comparable. Battery wise, Milwaukee blows them away. I switched to Milwaukee a couple years back for battery indicators and amp hour variety.

In the 12v line up I have Milwaukee fuel impact and drill currently and previously Bosch (I still have it, but not on the truck) The Bosch performance and Milwaukee roughly the same, but the battery lasts longer on the Milwaukee.

99 percent of the time I use the 12v impact driver. Whenever I need to drill a whole, I use the 18v milwaukee.

If lightweight is the name of the game - get the 12v fuel milwaukee set and will be fine.

If you need a bigger drill for hole saw use and such, get the 18v fuel set up.

If you drill alot of holes in concrete do yourself a favor and get a real SDS hammer drill. Not that expensive in 12v and its night and day bit life, and hole drilling speed. Like 10 to 20 times faster with the SDS.

Milwaukee is where its at. Best battery offerings, great power, extensive variety of tool offerings. Also a major bonus is that the 12v tools and 18v tools can be charged with the same charger. Home depot is constantly running deals - buy this and get that free sort of promos - Ive gotten 4 or 5- 9 aH batteries that way, a few free lights, etc...

Dewalt seems good too, but for me they dont have a full size cordless band saw. So they were not in the running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can defiantly see the fuel batts lasting longer. Day to day a lightweight 12v will do. It's having an 18v or 20v drill when needed for the big jobs where the 12v door goes dead or lacks in power that I'm concerned about. Drive a few lag bolts with a 12v...

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCON8 View Post
    i also have Makita 12 V
    but i use the screwdriver, 2 speed plenty of power for A/H and condenser screws
    mine is 2 year old now and still rocking
    your look really bad for a 2 months drill
    Yeah it sucks seeing that drill broken as is. That drill is top nearb heavy like a drunk. But it fits in hand well and did the job well.

Post Likes

Post Likes

Post Likes
    At one point I bought into the 'never change the battery design' of the Ryobi One line of tools. I still have a lot of them - including a weedwhacker. <g>

One time a few years ago in the late fall I was installing a standing seam metal roof on my house. For some reason or other I was distracted from flashing a skylight or installing a ridge cap and climbed down.

After that I could never find my Ryobi One 18V cordless drill. I used something else, a snowy winter came and went, and then the rainy spring was gone as well. One bright summer day I climbed back up onto the roof jacks and there was a bunch of sheet metal shears and . . . . a Ryobi One cordless drill. The hand tools were useless with rust but the Ryobi one drill actually turned a little when I pulled the trigger.

Charged that same battery and the drill was fine. I still have and use it. <g>

PHM
    -------------

Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    Milwaukee is looking really good right now I tell ya what. I just need a durable drill and impact with long lasting batteries.

Having said that Bosch 12v drill/driver wins out of the 12v drill I've had. Load of tq and batteries last. The Bosch impact loses its impacto over a year and gets weak. The Milwaukee 12v when compared to the Bosch kinda sucks@ battery life and tq isn't as good.theMilwaukee 12v impact however does a darn good job and keeps its tq.
    All pass the it got wet while working and keep rolling.

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

6. Likes heatingman liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    I can defiantly see the fuel batts lasting longer. Day to day a lightweight 12v will do. It's having an 18v or 20v drill when needed for the big jobs where the 12v door goes dead or lacks in power that I'm concerned about. Drive a few lag bolts with a 12v...

You’ll be surprised what it can do - the 12v

8. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post

99 percent of the time I use the 12v

If you drill alot of holes in concrete do yourself a favor and get a real SDS hammer drill. Not that expensive in 12v and its night and day bit life, and hole drilling speed. Like 10 to 20 times faster with the SDS
    Yep , I carry a 120v corded hammer drill for those concrete holes , or tiles , and if I get lazy I use the cordless for red brick

12v or 18v for zipping in and out sheet metal screws

Post Likes
    Hilti has long been the high-end unobtanium that only leased to commercial users with a maintenance agreement, but I've seen recently that they have released a line that's being sold at retail. Might be interesting for some tool freaks.

I standardized on Milwaukee, and the 12v stuff is great for general service work. I would mention that the 12v dewalt has a nicer grip, slightly smaller diameter - might be more suitable for someone with smaller hands. But the milwaukee is still great to hold and there's a massive number of tools that share the same batteries.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Yep , I carry a 120v corded hammer drill for those concrete holes , or tiles , and if I get lazy I use the cordless for red brick

12v or 18v for zipping in and out sheet metal screws
    That works too, but I use a 12v sds drill good for 5/8 solid bit for most needs. I use the hell out of it. For the bigger jobs I use the 18v sds. Beyond that I sub it to a coring guy.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    At one point I bought into the 'never change the battery design' of the Ryobi One line of tools. I still have a lot of them - including a weedwhacker. <g>

One time a few years ago in the late fall I was installing a standing seam metal roof on my house. For some reason or other I was distracted from flashing a skylight or installing a ridge cap and climbed down.

After that I could never find my Ryobi One 18V cordless drill. I used something else, a snowy winter came and went, and then the rainy spring was gone as well. One bright summer day I climbed back up onto the roof jacks and there was a bunch of sheet metal shears and . . . . a Ryobi One cordless drill. The hand tools were useless with rust but the Ryobi one drill actually turned a little when I pulled the trigger.

Charged that same battery and the drill was fine. I still have and use it. <g>

PHM
    -------------
    Solid drill you have there.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rjk_cmh View Post
    Hilti has long been the high-end unobtanium that only leased to commercial users with a maintenance agreement, but I've seen recently that they have released a line that's being sold at retail. Might be interesting for some tool freaks.

I standardized on Milwaukee, and the 12v stuff is great for general service work. I would mention that the 12v dewalt has a nicer grip, slightly smaller diameter - might be more suitable for someone with smaller hands. But the milwaukee is still great to hold and there's a massive number of tools that share the same batteries.
    That's one brand you hardly ever hear about.

Post Likes
    I've had Craftsman's in the past, but been using Milwaukee brand here lately. I definitely like the Milwaukee better. Beefier,sturdier and better battery life. Somewhat related note, www.batterybatterybattery.com is worth checking out for replacement/extra batteries.

Post Likes
    Hit every home depot around you if your looking for Milwaukee drills. Got this packout nib... 323.43 after taxes! And its all fuel, comes with 2 batts one 5ah and a 6ah. I'm set for a while.

16. Likes heatingman liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast